Evangelion FX set
i received my evangelion set today along w/ the movies (all from FX), i have problems playing eps 15-17, 23-26. the are on the 2nd and 3rd disc of the set, the 1st disc plays perfectly. i m wondering if anyone else have the same problem or mine is an individual case.

also the second half of End of Evangelion wouldn't play (it played up to chapter 5) these problems occur on both my dvd player and my dvd rom

any input will be great! thanx
you gotta PM JJ bout this one, im afraid that no one else can help you. looks like the dodgy FX discs have struck again!
see you space cowboy...
oh crap ive not even seen all my Eva FX sets yet!

just got a big backlog and soo busy with uni!

Plus i'm watchin the anime i own that ive not seen before or fully
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by kkun
i received my evangelion set today along w/ the movies (all from FX), i have problems playing eps 15-17, 23-26. the are on the 2nd and 3rd disc of the set, the 1st disc plays perfectly. i m wondering if anyone else have the same problem or mine is an individual case.

Evagelion FX TV set is full of bugs. There are many spots that causes problems, usually towards later part of the discs. It will skip, pixelate, or stop altogether. I barely managed to watch the whole darn thing. Sometimes my DVD player won't even recognize disc 1. All I can suggest is to keep trying different DVD player or try again after your DVD player cools down, since that seems to make a difference in reading ability of laser. I doubt the replacement will work any better since the entire batches all seems to have problems. I don't know about the movies, though.
then again, the disc's in question came in scratched and/or have water marks on them. hopefully the replacement will do
When I got my Eva recently, disk 2 wouldn't even read in a DVD rom. I'm guessing there's something up with that batch. JJ got me a replacement and it's worked fine since, even on the crummy PS2.
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
oh crap ive not even seen all my Eva FX sets yet!

just got a big backlog and soo busy with uni!

Plus i'm watchin the anime i own that ive not seen before or fully

just did a rigourous cjeck on my set and all discs are fine

phew...
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav..u trying to pour gasoline on fire or you trying to make me envious...?
You lucky dude, you never really seem to get major problems with FX DVDs..

Big Grin :p :mad:
lol Wink

well its because i have an array of DVDplayers and that just kinda sorts it out.

Plus ive not seen well over half the |FX stuff i own yet coz the backlog is huge not to mention Uni
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I have 8 dvd players and I still have problems watching them? Sigh.....wat do ......nevermind...I'm just waiting for the 3rd or 4th batches of the new releases JJ just got. I don't want to be sending back defective dvds and waiting for replacements...

Heh...if I can't wait, guess I'll just buy King Bandit and Haibane on R1s. Already have them in the shopping cart..
:p Big Grin
MY ANIME COLLECTION
Quote:Originally posted by kkun

also the second half of End of Evangelion wouldn't play (it played up to chapter 5) these problems occur on both my dvd player and my dvd rom

I've also just recieved the evangelion boxset, and i also have problems with disc 2 & 3. I tried to play episode 26 and the whole dvd froze and turned off??? i tried it on my ps2 and my portable dvd player and its the same? Do i send them back for a better set or something? Or do i just message JJ?
Mimet, pm JJ first instead of sending it back straight away coz JJ has to get replacements for you.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
I have 8 dvd players and I still have problems watching them? Sigh.....wat do ......nevermind...I'm just waiting for the 3rd or 4th batches of the new releases JJ just got. I don't want to be sending back defective dvds and waiting for replacements...

thats alot of DVD players i have 4 and PS2,Xbox,PC

but how do you know when these batches are out?
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review for fx Evangelion set CrimsonGhost 12 5,976 08-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Last Post: kakomu