One Piece. Eng Subs?
Hey I've been recently reading the One Piece mangas and so far they kick major ass. Really cool story. But I was wondering if anyone knows if any company is going to come out with a One Piece DVD with english subs and if they are when.
Well since the Devil himself bought the rights to it...Funimation I mean...in America, who knows when we'll see an R1 release?

PS: There are some for sale here in the world of HK DVDS!
Right here in good ol' Import-Anime!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
Well since the Devil himself bought the rights to it...Funimation I mean...in America, who knows when we'll see an R1 release?

PS: There are some for sale here in the world of HK DVDS!
Right here in good ol' Import-Anime!

Actually, they didn't buy the rights. They said they were interested, the press said they did, and then they made a press statement saying they *never* purchased the rights to the series. It's currently up for grabs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4404
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
I had heard that Funimation is currently in a bid war with another american anime company.

I suggest getting the FX sets even with the sub par subtitles.Wink
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
Actually, they didn't buy the rights. They said they were interested, the press said they did, and then they made a press statement saying they *never* purchased the rights to the series. It's currently up for grabs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4404

Thanx Suza-kun!! I didn't know that. It's good to hear that it's still up for grabs.
Just pray that 4Kids doesn't get their hands on it, especially since they intend on importing "Tokyo Mew Mew" as "Hollywood Mew Mew".
Rumor is that 4Kids might be the company competing with Funi for the rights. So you better hope Funi ends up with it. and I'm sure you've heard by now that Detective Conan had to be renamed to Case Closed for it's R1 release. Funi said they had to do it because of legal issues.
Funi's not that bad. They did a great job on Fruits Basket and Blue Gender. The only thing I hate them for is their work on Dragonball Z. I'd just be glad if 4Kids had no part of bringing One Piece to North America. I really wanted to see a good R1 release of Tokyo Mew Mew (I like the manga, so I was on the fence debating whether or not to get the sub or wait for the R1 to come out), but when I heard 4Kids got it, I went and got the subbed version (on dvd-r's).
Sweet!

I'm not particular to One Peice anyways (it's a cool show though) but if I were to get it, R1s are definately out of the question unless it's a rip.
Quote:I'm sure you've heard by now that Detective Conan had to be renamed to Case Closed for it's R1 release. Funi said they had to do it because of legal issues.

Especially since the original name may confuse viewers with "Conan The Barbarian", and maybe even "Conan O'Brien".

But, in my opinion, they could've came up with a better name than "Case Closed".