Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Perfect Collection DVD set - Only English Dub or NOT?
I saw the Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Perfect Collection DVD set (MAC, product code MA308E) is now listed on MAC's website. However, although it is listed as having both Japanese and English voice dubbing, someone mentioned to me that it was an R1 rip, and that there are NO Japanese voice tracks at all. Can anyone confirm this for me, as I have no interest in purchasing something with no Japanese audio track?

Also, can anyone confirm whether the subs are ripped from an R1 source, of if they're HK subs?

Thanks.
There would be no Japanese audio if it is an R1 rip.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
i feel like this is the 50th thread we've seen about this..

anyway, i know it's on mac's site as having both but like suzakuseikun said, if it is an r1 rip it will be dub only. the only way to find out for sure will be to have jj check when they get in stock. however, this probably won't be for a week or two as MAC is celebrating the chinese new year and they won't start shipping things again til after the 28th (ie: next week) so i wouldn't be holding my breath to find out Smile MAC has listed things wrong in the past, i'm assuming they did again.
UPDATE: I've emailed MAC and received a response that this particular set WILL have both English and Japanese audio tracks.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
UPDATE: I've emailed MAC and received a response that this particular set WILL have both English and Japanese audio tracks.

I'd be weary then. It means they've overlayed Japanese audio ontop of the english audio track, and they were forced to come up with a subtitle track somewhere as well. Ragardless of what is said, I wouldn't cast judgement until someone has it in their hands and is willing to possibly get screwed over with a bad Japanese track [if it really does exist, I'll believe it when someone has it].

Someone's gotta be a guinea pig for this release.
I'm tempted to, but I don't want to have to pay for it, particularly if it does turn out to be a crappy HK fansub.
Here's to hoping that Junkiejoe ordered it, and maybe review it himself or get someone else to do it. It definitely sounds like a good set, but a good review would put many doubts to rest and attract buyers.
Well, it's really only a big deal if you hated the dub. I've heard so many dubs that were worse than MSGs, and I happened to grow fond of MSGs dub over time, it's not a big deal. However, it would be nice to listen to the Japanese track too, if it's set up right [which I doubt].
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
Well, it's really only a [B]big deal if you hated the dub.[/B]

and hate when people cut out WHOLE FUCKING EPISODES!
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
and hate when people cut out WHOLE FUCKING EPISODES!

That's besides the point -- even with Japanese audio that episode wont be there, so get over it.