Opinion of 'Vision of Escaflowne'
I still haven't opened the Vision of Escaflowne box set that I purchased.. It was very expensive so I want to make sure that I won't be dissapointed.

If you have seen the series, please post your opinions about it in this thread. Thanks!

Please avoid spoilers.

Also, is there another series that you would recommend over Escaflowne?
pretty good series... it was expensive? dont tell me u buy like R1 set cause HK set is pretty good on subs....
Great TV series, you'll love it. Yoko Kanno does the soundtrack, which of course means it's phenomenal. Enjoy. =)
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
I've got the fansubs of the series and was blown away the first time I saw it. The soundtrack is one of the best out there with a wide variety of music that suits individual scenes perfectly.

Somebody tell Yoko Kanno that I want to have her baby... :wink:

The animation is also top notch with amazing mech designs, beautiful integration of computer and traditional animation, and great detail to everything.

I saw part of one episode that was broadcast here in Canada and was horribly upset by how much was cut out of the story. Be glad you're watching the boxed set on DVD so you can enjoy the whole thing.

Also, I didn't care for the movie too much. Sure the animation was even better but the characters didn't have enough time to develop and they tried packing too much into two hours.

You've made a great purchase with the DVDs. My buddy has the R1 releases and they are absolutly top notch. Decent voice acting for the dubs and excellent translations for the subs.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
VOE is a very good series, it's one of those that you get hooked on the very first episode....it's great, it'll always be on my top 10 list~ O yea about HK set being as good as R1, i really think it's as good, video/audio are bout the same, but HK has minor mis spelling issues on subs.
newbie here. Pleased to meet everyone!

As for Escaflowne, it was a good series however some may feel that the TV series may be more geared towards females (bishonen anyone). It had a mix of almost everything.

The movie was a re-telling of the series of sorts however as it has been mentioned, they (writers, etc) try to pack in too much into a 2hr timeframe and some major characters in the series (Allan, for example) were reduced to minor roles.
A old coworker wouldn't shut up about it. So I guess that's a pretty good sign.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection