What am I getting into exactly?
Quote:Originally posted by pugmagician
We have quite a few more R1s right now than HK. If we like the series we tend to buy the R1s of it unless it is to damn hard to find (ex. Ceres set) or if it costs to much. Hell I'm working on purchasing the sets of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT on R1.
I've just gotten the complete R1 Ceres set. Man I wish they came out in a complete boxed set. Paid abt $120 w/o shipping, for them. Finally made a deal with a seller on Ebay. It's still slightly cheaper than buying them brand new. Waiting for them to arrive. Sigh.......I do like the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Gt series. However, like Shultz, I refused to buy the Dragon Ball GT coz they've all been cut like crazy. There's no pt in getting anything that has been censored to 'kids-friendly'.
It really isn't cut like crazy, well it is but it isn't. The only thing "cut" out of GT is the first 13 episodes of it. Other than that there are still edited and Unedited versions of it. I guess Funmation just didn't think that the first 13 eps. were interesting enough to dub or something, I like them though. :confused:
[Image: gametz-ad6.gif]
Invariably we get sessions like this when we confess to buying some R1's here and there. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by pugmagician
It really isn't cut like crazy, well it is but it isn't. The only thing "cut" out of GT is the first 13 episodes of it. Other than that there are still edited and Unedited versions of it. I guess Funmation just didn't think that the first 13 eps. were interesting enough to dub or something, I like them though. :confused:

Funi has already stated that they will eventually release all of it. they basically didn't think that the beginning of the series was very good and noone would purchase it. I have to agree with them. the beginning sucked. So this way they wanted to start it at a more interesting storyline and create a fanbase for it rather than turn off people right from the get go. they will be releasing all of DBGT, just not in order.
I wish Funi would get around to releasing DB on DVD. I don't want to start buying it when I am missing so many episodes. Generally I like to buy series that are near being complete so I don't have to wait like I did with the VHS days of Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2.

A great site for R1's is http://www.rightstuf.com. They're regular prices aren't that great but their weekly deals can be way too tempting.

FX is a decent enough company. There are some videos problems but that's what you have to expect with two language tracks and subtitles on a DVD with 9 episodes. Though if that is a major issue I don't think you'd be looking into HKs. Smile
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection