I'm thinking of ordering from here!
Hello, I live in the UK by the way. Some questions I'd like answered. (I thought I'd get a quicker reply here). From searching the net, your prices seem the best.

1)I was wondering whether I have to pay any extra for insurance?

2)I was thinking of ordering roughly about 5 sets, rougly £50ish worth. What are my chances of getting taxed in the UK???????? As a result, do you recommend a minimum amount of dvds to order so this won't happen? I really don't want ot be taxed, as it usually costs a lot. Or is it better to deliver in two lots to avoid this?

3) How quick will it deliver?

Thanks
Hi, most of your questions have been answered in the other thread you started about UK anime fans but I'll try and help you.

1) Why do you want insurance? I don't think they have that option here. It's just $10,- flat to the UK and stuff rarely gets lost nowadays so insurance is just wasted money.

2) Check your earlier thread. A lot of examples from other UK buyers there.

3) I live in the Netherlands which is about the same distance as the Uk and the quickest I received anything was 4 days (shipped thuesday. received friday, but this was extremely fast), slowest was 7 days which is still fast. The good thing about here is they always have next day shipping because everything in the store section is in stock.

Good luck.

Ps, what about that 3 and 9 dvd set you were talking about in that other thread. Did it arrive yet and did you get taxed on that?
hi, i recieved the 3 dvd ayashi no ceres, but i havent recieved the marmalade boy 9 dvd set yet. i was not taxed for this, its a very small parcel

It is lost. Luckily the ebay seller refunded my money. But i'd rather have the dvds. So far, its been 16days.

Which is why i want insurance. 9dvds lost in the post is a lot of money to lose.

is it possible for the dvds to be in a depot somewhere? or do they notify you?
That sucks. Atleast you had a friendly e-bay seller who refunded the money. It rarely happens that a parcel is lost forever. If customs is holding the package they will notify you cause they need to collect their taxes. 16 days is long but it can happen that it will still be delivered. Its a very busy time for customs during the holiday season and maybe your package will turn up somewhere when times aren't as hectic for them in which case you will get free dvd's (always stay positiveBig Grin )

I have never used insurance and never had a problem but if stuff keeps disapearing I can understand you would want it. Does insurance only cover damaged goods or also lost goods?
Insurance itself is hard to actually claim (personal experience).

I want to order abount of 5 sets from here, but customs/fees really does scare the hell out of me. imagine what id have to pay!

WHats the most you've imported? You live in europe right?
Ok, here's the deal with international buyers, if you order anything uner 2kg in DVDs, it gets shipped via Small Parcel Air Mail Service, as you heard from other people it takes 4 to 7 days for delivery. 99.9% of hte time its not taxed... if you order over 2kg, I have no choice but to ship the package EMS, and chances of that being taxed is about 80%

so the moral of this story is, order under 2kg (thats order under 300dollars in dvds) at any one time, or split order in 2.
Quote:Originally posted by ouijaouija

WHats the most you've imported? You live in europe right?

Yeah I live in Europe. Most I've ordered is about 20 discs with gatefolds. Never been taxed from here but thats also because JJ puts a lower customs declaration on the package then the actual value (ex. $20,- for 10 discs). If the real value was declared I would have been taxed many times. I've only been taxed for my official EVA set from australia because they declared the real value.

Your 5 sets will be under 2kg's so you should be safe. If customs does decide to open the package there's still not a big problem because they don't know shit about the legality of HK anime dvd's and they certainly won't know the real value. I've had packages with 4 sets and $20,- declared opened and did not get taxed.
I dont know.

From my experience, in the UK they tax a LOT of small items. I was charged

£17.50 for a £30 board game.
£23.00 for 7 dvds.

If they open it up and see about 11 discs in there, they're gonna think its worth loads! Then ill get taxed a lot.