Tall graphics in sig files
I've noticed a new trend in peoples signatures with the graphics getting bigger and taller. What's brought about this change?

I don't know how other people are connected to the internet but I'm on a dial up connection and those big signatures can really slow down a page for me.

Not to mention that it takes longer to scroll through a discussion because I'm spending half my time working past the same few graphics over and over.

Could we impliment some guidelines for graphics in sig files?
Maybe a height limit if nothing else?
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
click on the User CP button at the top.
Click on the link Edit Options
Under "Thread View Options", there is an option titled: Show user's signatures in their posts?

you can turn it off Wink
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
click on the User CP button at the top.
Click on the link Edit Options
Under "Thread View Options", there is an option titled: Show user's signatures in their posts?

you can turn it off Wink

I was just going to suggest that. Wink
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Thanks,

I wasn't aware that was one of the features that I could choose from the list. I have changed it so I don't get ANY graphics in a post.

This actually makes me kind of sad though because I like seeing most of peoples graphics tucked in at the bottom of the posts. It's just that lately there have been some really tall images. Some of the banner artwork has been very well done and I would like to compliment the people who have taken the time to make the smaller banner sized sig graphics.

Thanks again... I guess I really hadn't looked all those options that closely. This chat board is a nice piece of programming.
Sorry. I'm probably one of the people to blame. I want a sig, but I can't do any artwork whatsoever. so I basically just took a pic of a wallscroll that I really like and use that as my sig. That's why mine appears to be tall. I wish I had something that was more horizantal, but like I said, I can't make my own sig. Best I can do is steal images. If it's realy that annoying to too many people, I'll take it down. I'm on cable, so I never really noticed the slowdown. But shouldn't an image take the same amount of time to load up whether it's a horizantal or a vertical sig?
To be honest, the slow down was secondary to the amount of space the image takes up on a page.

Here at work, my computer is stuck at 600x800 resolution and I'm not allowed to change it even though the video card and monitor both support higher resolutions. One tall image can easily take up the full screen at any given time.

I should offer my service to make banners for people. I love cranking out graphics (I just can't draw) with animations (see my avatar) or just combinations of other graphics.

If the artwork is really something special to look at, I don't mind waiting for the image to load (it takes me about 15 seconds per screen shot with my dial up connection at home... if 15 seconds doesn't sound like much, just sit there and watch the second hand on your clock for 15 seconds... you'll get the idea).

I've turned off other peoples images for the time being because it sounds like I'm the only one who really cares about this issue. I don't want to drag everyone else down for something that I'm the only person who cares about it.
I just want a sig. so if you want to make me a cool Bebop banner, I will happily change my sig. I want something different though. That's why I like my current sig. they're all dressed up in front of a roulette table and it's different than they appeared in the anime. I also like vicious alot. so any banner with Vicious and Spike would be cool. Big Grin
Zaggy, I just gotta say I love your avatar -- the manga version of Zagatto looks so cool. Tongue
Suzakuseikun, thanks for the compliment.
The other graphic is a Zagato car and the Zagato "Z".

For Vicious, I've attached a banner that I hope meets his liking.

Attached Files
.jpg   bebop banner.jpg (Size: 32.94 KB / Downloads: 15)
The only suggestion I could make about the sig for Vicious is to drop it down to about 500 width, 800 will stretch frames really bad.