Poll: Which is the best set
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Anime Mac
9.09%
1 9.09%
Magna
9.09%
1 9.09%
FX
81.82%
9 81.82%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Questions about the Various GITS: SAC Boxsets
Hey,

I have a couple of questions about the various GITS SAC Boxsets. (The FX in the store, the Magna one and the Anime Mac set) since on the Magna set has a review up.

1. Does someone no the total episode count for the sets (do any or all contain the full 26 episode first season)?
2. Can people tell me which set uses fansubs or HKsubs (or a mixture of the two) as the show is comp,lex even when properly translated with cultual notes (still an amzing show though)
3. Can someone identify which sets are most likely using the R2's as a source as opposed to a tvrip? (though the digisubs I have which are most likely tvrips and look quite nice)
4. Does anyone know if the sound is 2.0 or 5.1 as the R2's has both and I can imagine even from my crappy comp speakers that this shows is great with surround sound.
5. For people who have the boxsets what are your general imperssions with the set?

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out I just finished episode 21 and it was amazing the ending was perfect. I really look forward to showing other people this series and that is why I have so many questions about the various sets.
Thanks
gfanikf
Read the reviews (the link at the top left corner) and see which GiTS has a better overall quality. From there, decide which set you want.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Read the reviews (the link at the top left corner) and see which GiTS has a better overall quality. From there, decide which set you want.

The problem is only the Magna set is reviewed I was hoping some people have opinons and own the different sets but just have not posted a review about it yet.
Oh, I remembered. I know for a fact the FX set uses R2 rips, not TV rips. And judging by how recently it was made, I'd say the subtitles are really really good.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Oh, I remembered. I know for a fact the FX set uses R2 rips, not TV rips. And judging by how recently it was made, I'd say the subtitles are really really good.

Thanks thats what I was hoping FX used as a source.
Arcon e-mailed flora direct.. Looks like it is a MI rip.. Check out the link

http://arcticnightfall.com/boards/showth...genumber=2

-Zero
Flora once mentioned (direct) that they didn't know how to compress the 8 R2 episodes to half their size (So... their production company doesn't know how to reencode? Um.... ok......). I guess they gave up, but I didn't expect them to rip MI, (s)he said they only do that when they are in a slump.
Quote:Originally posted by ZeroInterrupt
Arcon e-mailed flora direct.. Looks like it is a MI rip.. Check out the link

http://arcticnightfall.com/boards/showth...genumber=2

-Zero

Yeah, I stumbeled across this post a short time after ordering. I can deal with it since I plan on having this only as a hold over until the R1's come out sometime in late or middle 2003 since it will have improved subs.

Thanks though
Some Good news I found this in a post at ANIMEniacs's message board it appears there are different subs for the FX set, better subs. Posted byOEAgent01. I really can't wait to get my set now.
Quote: The subs are NOT ripped from the MI set. The subs in this set are head and shoulders above and beyond the MI subs. I'd keep this set over the MI version for this reason alone.

Hopefully that helps anyone thinking of buying the FX set.
Quote:Originally posted by gfanikf
Some Good news I found this in a post at ANIMEniacs's message board it appears there are different subs for the FX set, better subs. Posted byOEAgent01. I really can't wait to get my set now.

Just to report on this either I got the Manga set or this guy I mentioned in my previous post didn't not know what he was talking about.

Question. Did the FX rip have there symbol on it at all???