Where's the RESPECT?
What is with kids these days? Now I'm sure that's a thing our parents asked themselves many a time while we were growing up...but I doubt we were this bad.

I first noticed this lack of respect in High School. When I was a freshman...we looked up to and feared the Seniors. When I became a Senior, nobody cared...they mouthed off to you just because you were a Senior.

Then again tonight...I'm playing dead at the haunted house and low and behold, some little shit thinks it's funny to try and step on me and call me names. I had to restrain myself or else I would have strangled that kid with my bare hands.

Okay, so I play the dead hooker, but that's not the point.
The point is this, since "they" started saying "don't spank your kids, it will emotionally scar them for life", kids do what they please knowing there are few reprocussions.
I think what a lot of these kids need is a good "ass wuppin'" to teach them that this kind of behavior is unacceptable.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
look on the bright side, the kid probably thought you were HOT. boys at their age keep teasing girls they admire or curse them out. NOT THAT i know or anything... :confused:
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by NYxCalm
look on the bright side, the kid probably thought you were HOT. boys at their age keep teasing girls they admire or curse them out. NOT THAT i know or anything... :confused:

I've seen the pulling of hair, grabbing of body parts, but I've yet to see any boy at any age cuss out a girl he liked. Which then again most of the people I've been around my entire life are the ones that get scared around girls they like, & as for myself...well..uh...we're not going there.

But I must say I know a lot of kids who need the sh!t beat outta them. I mean if the kids aren't going to respect the older styudents, or there peers, thtey should atleast repect the adults. And another thing that gets on my nerves is when the Senior.act like they're 7 years old. I mean I do too, & I'm not supposed to because they say the freshmen are supposed to be the immature ones, but I look at it as I have one more year after this one before I have to be super mature man.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Mature is knowing when it's mature to act immature.
That's the definition I use and find most true.
That's probably the most versitile, & best meaning I've heard, because by those standards I'm mature.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I have to agree that most kids now adays are horrible they behave so badly that i hate been in their generation. well in africa kids are spanked and i approval or been spanked. what is the use of sending someone to detention it is just a waste of the teacher time that is all it is.
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil
Yo, i feel you on this. Where has all the respect gone? Does anyone teach their children manners of any sort in this day and age? I work retail and kids run around touching everything while their parents do nothing! Or in some cases, the parents are the ones running amuck while their kids are better behaved they they are!! I hope that our generation (that is if you are between 18-26 or so) can start to teach our children how to behave again. When i acted up my mom spanked me, when i swore she washed my mouth out (soap is not terribly tasty and i dont suggest trying it). Anyway, i dont know if i really have any good solutions; however, i think it starts with the idividual. We each need to teach our kids, or future kids, some respect.
i really dont see a problem with kids here cause thay know they will get the sit beat out of them if they say somthing. but i still dont see the big point of this when all kid are not "Mature" or if there not but it is just how they have been rased when there younger like my mom has the most respect for me and i know that i may be inmature to people but i never mean any thing cause i respect any one and every one
-The boy's screams excited me far more than yours. --Tomo, Fushigi Yugi

-look me up some time Cool http://www.myspace.com/chappas
I'm new to this forum and just happen to read this first. I just wanted to comment on the spanking issue. The legal area that you can spank a child without calling it abuse is on the butt only. Only using your hand. I just learned this in my soc101 class a few weeks ago. Thought yall would like to know that.Smile
i would never hit a kid cause i know from the past that it is never fun to get beat by your father
We aren't talking about Child abuse!! We are discussing the Lack of respect your generation shows...towards anything. The lack of disipline and punishment for fear that we will emotionally scar our children is crap.
Besides, spankings are more about teaching than doing physical damage. I intend to teach my daughter that if she misbehaves, there are consequences.
I know this is what ka-talliya was trying to get us off but i just have to go back there. About spanking, i was spank(or should i say flogged) not by my parent but by teachers in my boarding school in Africa, not only at the bottom but also at my hand and back. I also learned that not everybody can learn from that but most people do learn from it. and i know that my generation are a bunch of dumbasses and mostly in USA if i should say.
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil
The opinions on this are as vast as the ocean. It really comes down to the fact that children ( in most cases ) are the way they are because of their parents and the way they were brought up. It pisses me off when they interview some scum bag on Tv about their axe murdering son and they say something like, we dont know how he turned out like this- when its obvious its because of them. They should also do the jail time for being a shitty parent . Rolleyes
Respect aint crap man... i get the shit beat out of me when i dont respect someone old then me omg lol i once told my dads friend to shut up and he almost killed me... But now hes old but still strong but im just stronger ^_^ but i still let him discipline me i just beat his ass if it goes too far Big Grin.
Sshhh, i cant here the subtitles
Thers a bit of advice I once heard when i was younger, now i honestly have always felt that advice is not worth what you pay for it ( in most cases nothing ) but this is a good one- If someone bothers you, stay the ?#$% away from them! - This always works for me.