FX MAC..how can you tell just by looking
Sorry for all the newbie questions. I have a store here that gets all the HK dvds and usually i could tell by looking at a picture which company did the subs. The logo was usually there.

now when i look there is no logo most of the time. In fact when i look at the reviews here sometimes i go by the picture on the cover...however even that is no help to me since some companies use the same cover pic.

On E Bay its very tough to tell.

can anyone give some pointers. Safest way is to order here since i can specifically ask for the company i want. But just in case things arent available here, how can you really tell?

thanks for any replies
This won't help you on Ebay, but should if you're in a store looking. Every Mac set I have is smaller in size than FX sets. But that'll only help you with sets and not individual discs.
the best way to know what type of set it is on ebay is to compare the cover art on packaging, however this can be unreliable.

play it safe, eng dub = R1 rip = perfect subs and sweet set!

otherwise just buy here!
see you space cowboy...
Mac stuff will usually have their logo on the gatefold.

FX sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think for ADV titles he doesn't put the fx logo on the gatefold.

The best way to know what company you're buying is too buy from this site. No doubts about it here.
Mac often have that box chart at the back with info on audio, subs etc like they have on MI sets. FX tends to lack these and if the info is present it is presented in words without the pictorial icons such as the little tv etc.

Even for the seasoned viewer it is not easy since some Mac sets have fx logos on them but they tend to be limited to just a few sets. -_-"