Which publisher prevent rip of their license?
I've seen a lot of topic like:" Will there be a <insert a serie> R1 rip".
And many of the answers were:" No, cause its really dangerous to rip a serie from this publisher..."

So from which publisher (Bandai, Funiamtion, RightStuf,ADV etc) is it possible to see an R1 rip, and from which is it impossible?

Thank
Mainly Synch Point. Others might go after a rip but not as feverently.
Isn't Animeigo strictly off limits as well?
Animeigo, Synch Point, FUNImation, ADV [has been going after the Kenshin sets], Viz [at times.]
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
The most lenient would probably be CPM, Bandai and Pioneer, but to an extent, they all discourage the bootlegs and may go after them if need be.
I wonder why ADV hasent gone after the people that do the EVA rips
Seeing as they see EVA as a big accomplishment for themselves.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Maybe they feel like they've milked EVA for everything it can get, and anything else is just pushing the limit. Even buying the full dvd set in Region one's isn't too badly priced. I think I may have seen it for somewhere around the range of 120-140 canadian somewhere. And I can't remember if that included the movie or not.
We interrupt this program to annoy you and make things generally irritating.
Well i know about funimation ratteling their saber about blue gender to this site, though if they think there doing a good job, they might want to look at other sites cause their not stoping anything. Mabey they would have made more money if they had i dont know put on some sort of media campagin. And of course they had to put it out on 8 discs, that realy makes people want to buy it. Didn't they squeeze enough out of DBZ on those 80 + dvds. Greedy wretchs!
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
And what they squeeze out in some, they jack up in others -- the Fruits Basket R1s by Funi have a SRP of US$40 per DVD -- about $10 more than what the other companies normally charge for their titles. And you only get 4 episodes a disc too.

No wonder why the HK Fruits Basket look more attractive, despite the usual shortcomings.
Quote:Didn't they squeeze enough out of DBZ on those 80 + dvds. . Greedy wretchs!

Very soon there will be no space for new series in my room]
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil
Quote:Originally posted by rugrats1
And what they squeeze out in some, they jack up in others -- the Fruits Basket R1s by Funi have a SRP of US$40 per DVD -- about $10 more than what the other companies normally charge for their titles. And you only get 4 episodes a disc too.

No wonder why the HK Fruits Basket look more attractive, despite the usual shortcomings.

Its 6-7 episodes a disc. The series is 4 DVDs total
Quote:Originally posted by rugrats1

No. The episode count for the R1 Fruits Basket release (4 discs total) is 6/6/7/7. It was a very well done release with lots of extras. And if you shop around, you can get them for well below MSRP. I didn't pay more than $26 for any of my discs.
Sorry for miscalculating the episode amount -- I have it confused with the hentai "Maiden Diaries", which also had a $40 SRP, but that DVD did indeed only have 4 episodes. And no, I didn't watch it (or the kindler, gentler Fruits Basket, either).