Enlightening The Masses
Good day, my fellow anime freaks, otaku one and all.. Oh yeah, hi to you too, newbies. Wink Now I have a funny feeling that many of you, perhaps even most of you, have surfed a few message boards in your time. Perhaps there are even a few Arcticnightfall readers poking their heads into this rant, ne? =) Anyway, I have a question for you faithful board surfers out there. Do you get annoyed at seeing the same questions over and over again, asked by folks who can?t be bothered to take a couple of minutes to surf around to find that answer for themselves? Do any of you know when MAC will be making a perfect version of Sakura Wars TV, or maybe a rip of all the new Ghibli R1?s? No, you say? Well, neither do I, neither does anyone else so it would be really wonderful if people would stop asking different variations of the same question, over and over again? We had a newbie guide once, I?m thinking it may be time to write up another one, a la AN. The sad thing is, most of the newbies spend the time to look around before they post. Half the time it?s people who should know better who are asking the stupid stuff. Perhaps it?s just me.. Maybe I need to lighten up, put on a big fake smiley face, and just either ignore the questions that annoy me or just answer them with a big huge dose of cheer.. Or maybe cheer is boring and flaming is more fun for everyone. So I ask you, the masses. What do you think? Should every question asked on a board be answered politely or should people who should really know better feel the wrath for wasting your time? Let?s rant, shall we?
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
This is the reason message boards have a "Search" feature.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
lol
It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers most people I'm sure...

But yeh, if something is retarded, and is such a blatent question, the only solution I see on AN is "READ THE NEWBIE GUIDE YOU DUMB SOB!!! >=(" and then close the thread Big Grin

Anyway.. if it's OK with shady, you have my OK to "borrow" parts of the newbie guide that'll pertain to you guys as well Wink
I did a check to see if I had saved the old one, because I swear I did, but I don't have it. It was mostly "borrowed" from AN anyhow [I had Shady's permission :P]
I don't mind certain questions being repeated. But I do hate stuff like "I want a perfect collection of Urusei Yatsura" or "why is there no perfect collection of Naruto". That shit pisses me off. Or also people that ask "Are the voices on the Kenshin Perfect collection the same as the ones on CN?" I'm like u dumb fucks, do u think there's people in Hong Kong dubbing their own anime? I try to ignore questions like that.
In defense of the stupid newbee questions --Im not a new newbee, and not a seasoned otaku pro either but-- To find these sites for the first time ( and there are alot of weeding to go threw to find the good ones- like this one ) alot of the information they have is crappy. I did not know the difference between a fx version or a AS etc. or what a video capture was or a R1, R2 etc. Rip- In the early cases I was just happy to a copy of the series ( video capture) and now Im getting fussy where I only want Rips and Not Video Captures ( if its really cheap who cares ! ) We need a way to let folks know what sites are out there and which ones they can trust- which ones have the best prices and service ( like this one ) and which ones to stay away from. I know I may of asked a few of those stupid questions in the past and its probably when I stumbled on your site for the first time and did'nt know my way around.
So even thou I may still ask a stupid question from time to time, its probably because I trust all of your judgements. Remember- this folks you were a newbee once your self !!!
I'm a human sacrifice. Flame me, but be nice to the other noobs :p

But really, I've been here for a looooong time (like ever since it started I'm been lurking around this place, but I used a different name on the forum than I do now), & still don't really know a thing about HK.

Another question, where's the search button for the forum? NEVERMIND! I found it!
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Sometimes a good flaming is in order.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:But yeh, if something is retarded, and is such a blatent question, the only solution I see on AN is "READ THE NEWBIE GUIDE YOU DUMB SOB!!! >=(" and then close the thread

Hmmm, maybe the Newbie guide needs to be renamed,.......
Wai!
All too often I acted as a pseudo-mod and addressed questions with "read the NewB guide" over at AN. Frankly I think an HK guide and an FAQ would be great additions to any site. ALSO, I think you should make a warning sticky telling people that questions asked in thread that are blatantly in the NewB guide and/or FAQ will be locked and a warning issued.

I'm a fairly easy-going guy, but I think lack of attention to detail (not to be confused with laziness) should be punished somehow.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
All too often I acted as a pseudo-mod and addressed questions with "read the NewB guide" over at AN. Frankly I think an HK guide and an FAQ would be great additions to any site. ALSO, I think you should make a warning sticky telling people that questions asked in thread that are blatantly in the NewB guide and/or FAQ will be locked and a warning issued.

That's what I used to do, and then I was called an unfair asshole mod. I didn't think that it took a rocket scientist to figure out to read the Newbie Guide/FAQ.
Yea I was flamed many times as well...but it was worth it.
<<I don't mind certain questions being repeated. But I do hate stuff like "I want a perfect collection of Urusei Yatsura" or "why is there no perfect collection of Naruto". That shit pisses me off. Or also people that ask "Are the voices on the Kenshin Perfect collection the same as the ones on CN?" I'm like u dumb fucks, do u think there's people in Hong Kong dubbing their own anime? I try to ignore questions like that.>>

About a year ago I bought some DVDs of the DBZ movies, I think it was 6,7,8,9,10, and 12 and they were dubbed overseas by some sort of crazy enrish talking people. If anyone wants to hear I could try to capture a part of it. They only had the one audio track and no subs, so I was kinda mad, but the hilariousness overruled my maddness...
lol
vicious is right
the kenshin question is the WORST- people have asked that about kenshin and trigun and i felt like shooting myself in the face... that question is HORRIBLE ><
i do think that there are some very stupid questions posed in message even this one, even by myself (damn you, i want that GTO perfect collection badly!) and sometimes it is right to be harsh, its the only way those damn lazy stupid bastaeds will learn! but in some cases it would be for the best to remind these people that these questions have been asked before and they cannot be answer or else the answer is so damn obvious. however where the line between these two extremes is drawn i do not know.

i still blame those damn gremlins!