Captain Tylor TV
YES! I LIVE!

I plan on selling some RAM and actually BUYING something, and my choice is Tylor TV. My question is, has anyone got the newer MAC sets? Are they still generic DVD sets? God, I hope not.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Hehe, I ask JJ the same question the other day. Unfortunately they are generic gatefolds
I'm not sure what you mean by generic DVD sets. I just got mine a couple months back. The outside sleeve is basically cardboard with pics on it. when you take that off all the inside says is MAC everywhere. The DVD's themselves did have nice artwork on them though. Hope that helps.
That's what generic means. No artwork on the gatefolds, just MAC.
Keep yourself marketable...earn an MBA.
guess the more popular shows get funky gatefold packaging first, ala bebop and ranma. but when it comes down to it i dont really care, how can i with entire anime series at $21?
I wouldn't mind generic gatefolds if it the only thing available but I don't want to order something and then find out it has a new graphical gatefold 2 weeks later
Yeah, it bites when you buy a gatefold, only to hear that a short time later its been completely overhauled with art. On word of caution about the Tylor set is that it really has no conclusive ending.....was really irritating to say the least.
Wai!
I thought it was pretty conclusive. Tehy finished the arc they were on and showed how they all were going to continue along in their lives.
yea the end of tylor tv was enough for me also, it brought a smile to my face. however i feel that the ova series was un-called-for, but it did have its interesting moments with certain episodes that revolved around different characters. still, i didnt like the animation.
if megajo53 thinks that Tylor TV was inconclusive.. I wonder what you he would say after seeing berserk ;p
Megajo must be referring to the OVAs.

I thought the TV series was enough for me as well, but I wonder if the OVAs would have been different if the original creator hadn't died after the first two?
l agree with MegaJow, l didn't get a sense of closure from the OVAs, and they weren't as good as well as the TV series sadly
*spoiler*

One thing I did love about the OVAs was the last duty of the Soyokaze. That was a real "God bless you guys, you've done me proud" moment. Well worth a salute!
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
if megajo53 thinks that Tylor TV was inconclusive.. I wonder what you he would say after seeing berserk ;p

Yes, I've seen Berserk and thought the ending was a crock of shit, and yeah, I was talking about the ova. Good series though, just didn't really seem to have an ending.
Wai!