Newbie Question Please Help
I am very interested in buying Inuyasha the whole thing. However, I am very confused by all the MI, R1, MAC... formats. What are they? I hope to get the best video quality possible. I don't really want to get a TV rip with bad fuzzy picture and TV commercials. Can you tell me which to buy?

I was reading the reviews of Inuyasha on this website and they seemed to all dislike the video quality and TV commercials. However, when I went to discountanimedvd.com, their customer reviews seemed to say the picture quality was DVD perfect. Does that mean those 2 stores sell different version of Inuyasha ?

Thanks so much for reading.
Other stores rate things to sell, this is primary a review site while a store is a secondary function... the reviews are user submitted so if all of them say that video is a TV rip then it must be a TV rip...
Keep in mind that Inu Yasha is still airing so there is no complete set out there.. R1 is the US release.. Look for excellent video quality and a very expensive road ahead as this series gets released very slowly at US DVD prices.. Keep in mind a TV rip means the video is not DVD quality and was most likely recorded off of Japanese TV. It doesn't mean you're gonna see japanese or english tv commercials. Check out the FAQS here for more detailed explanations but MI and MAC are both different hong kong anime companies. Sometimes they release their own versions of stuff, other times they rip legit US (R1) titles.. And sometimes they just rip each other's stuff. So sometimes you just have to take a chance on which version you get.. But that's where our review site comes in. =) We've got the most comprehensive review database out there and you'll find that you can usually trust what our reviewers say. Good luck with Inu Yasha. If you do decide to buy an HK version, be sure and post a review for us! =)
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
So if I trust those user reviews on the http://discountanimedvd.com website, the version of their inuyasha should be good then? I mean, nobody said anything about commercials or bad fuzzy video.

Having said that, does anyone know which company made that version? Obviously it's cheaper here at Import-Anime.com. Thanks.
I'm not sure about that site but my advice is to just trust the reviews on this site and buy whatever version they recommend. Keep in mind that this site is only gonna sell the MAC and AS stuff. If you really think you have to have an FX or AC/MI or AV title, then check out cookiejarvideo.com. Keep in mind that we can order you any AS/MAC stuff if you don't see it in the store and Bella at CJV would be happy to do the same at her store.
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
dude you gotta find out who makes the set and then check the reviews here, i wouldnt trust any other sites reviews like all the ones ive ever read on animeniacs.com sucked major dick, and thats not me just havin a go at them, its true