Just wondering..
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Heheheheh, me too Vicious. I haven't even watched the second and the third is on it's way. I'm still a dependent Vicious, so I don't pay for food, house, etc. So I have about $800 or so in the ol' bank account. So I can buy anime without worrying about other expenses besides college books and stuff.

The only thing that killed me about R1 companies was ADV's new attack plan. They used to do 6 discs with a 5-4-4-4-4-5 set up. Now they do a seven disc, 5-4-3-3-3-3-5. That's just plain stupid. :p

You're not gonna like this news then. They're already shipping out the 4th boxset to me. I'm only 1/2 way through the third one so far. I'm not liking this new set up by ADV either. I would cut down on some ADV orders, but they license some of the best titles.
Shit I'll have to pay for it tomorrow with debit. Fucking assholes. :p
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Shibo :

Maybe you are talking about my review of Sennen Joyu (Millennium Actress) , i indeed wrote :

"Usually i don't comment on the quality of the Movie itself (just the DVD) but i must say that this is an absolutely stunning movie, a wonderful work of art, it breaks anime cliches . It's not for kids, and it's not for dragonballz fans, but in my opinion it's one of the greatest animation (anime or not) movies i ever saw.Trully a magic, heart breaking movie, don't miss it.I loved it Smile "

I don't know about you ...but i don't like ALL anime shows ! i like some anime shows ...I don't buy or watch Anime just because it's Anime ! I won't buy a Perfect Set of a show i don't like , just because it's a good HK rip ! I have some Anime that is pure and utter Crap !

About this movie, what i was trying to say, was that it was a movie for Adults...not kids , a drama , cerebral ,complex , not action based. I was trying to point out a audience for this Movie, not trying to critizice DBz in specific.

About DBz i don't think that it's far from being complete crap, or the worst anime ever done ...But, i don't think it's a good show (my opinion) , since the story it's just about some guys trying to destroy the world , then the Hero trains a lot, gets stronger....it's hair gets longer and blonde, starts screaming , beats him up and saves the world (this happened with about 3 or 4 different enemies through the show ) ...oh! and the hero a dies, goes to heaven , comes back, dies...etc etc . Some fights take what ? 30 episodes ? and the Animation is crap ...lots, lots, lots of still images and guys just looking at each other.
Basically the story it's just an excuse for showing some fights, and it's extended beyond any reasonable length. I think it was fun for a couple episodes, till you figured out that it just dragged and was completely repetive. If you never seen any other anime shows, or you are a child you might loved it. I had seen lots of Anime , before seeing it , so ...

I am 30 years old, maybe i just like stuff with more substance and better story. Maybe it's just me ...i am too Old Big Grin ...or just Demanding (Quality wise) :p
It seems you really haven't looked beyond the surface of DBZ. First off, it's not about guys trying to destroy the world, and some guy training to be stronger. DBZ takes place in the manga about Volume 17-42. That means there are 16 other volumes of manga that aren't in DBZ that you can look at (Dragon Ball) to find what it's all about...A Boy named Goku.

As for discovering that it dragged on, you must not have actually watched the show. It's really quite intriguing, or you never actually watched from the beginning. I see more often than not, people tuning in during the Freeza saga, completely lost in what's going on, and say that it's complete crap because it's "boring".

As for the animation, I dunno what to say. I can always point to Eva which had tons of still images, and loved to have still images with people talking in the background (only to switch over when the person we focused on decides to talk).

Lastly, I checked a little while back, I don't think any of the longest fights even break 20 episodes, let alone 30.
i liked DragonBall better than DragonBallz :p

Anyway if you reallt like it, that's ok by me Smile Peace and Love Big Grin

I just happen to have that opinion on it Smile that's All Smile
It's not about likes or dislikes. The point I wanted to get at was over generalization. More often than not, people watch a few episodes (2-5) of a 291 episode series. They deem it craptacular from a .006%-.017% total experience. That's what urkes me as well as the over-exageration people like to give to the show.
Kakomu :

I watched much , much more than 2-5 episodes of DB. i even saw 2 movies (well 1 and half ...one of them was boring as hell).Trust me, i know what i am talking about ...

I even kinda think that Dragonball was watchable but very far from essential. I think that when the series got to DBz, it got repetitive, unnimaginative, boring , slow, it just dragged fights on and on ...

I couldn't watch it ...buy, hey that's just me !

It's a free world Smile

I just want to spend my time watching someting better (in my opinion, of course).

Peace and Love Big Grin
Wow DBZ, now that is a series that brings back memories. I remember my brother and I use to import the anime in raw japanese as they came out in Japan 12 years ago. Beleive me nothing describes a true FAN-BOY better than sitting in front of the tv adjusting the color and doing a manual track on the vcr just to barely make out the characters. On top of that we paying 15 bucks for 4 episodes. Now I agree it may not be the best show, but everyone here and all anime fans in America ,for that matter, have to be greatful for that series (specialy when it started airing on Cartoon Network). Why? because it made my anime and yours cheaper, thats why. Before the days of cartoon network or just anime on mainstream television for that matter, I remember paying $34.95 for a dubbed anime and sometimes $39.95 for a subtitled video. Now you can find them on dvd for 20 bucks or less for 4 to 5 episodes (unless your company name is VIZ). Or you can come here and get the R1 rips. So, although they were not the best anime series, I have much props to give to anime like: Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and ohh yeah the mighty DBZ.Cool