What is the difference between Karate and Tae Kwan Do?
I think Karate would be better, it's a lot stronger.
I think I need to learn some kind of martial art. Reason being, last year on the way home from work some guy just walked right up to me and headbutted my front teeth out for no reason whatsoever Sad .
Welcome to my world.
Karate is the same thing though. Lots of Katas. Confusedweatdrop:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by "Duragon"

I think I need to learn some kind of martial art. Reason being, last year on the way home from work some guy just walked right up to me and headbutted my front teeth out for no reason whatsoever Sad .

Huh??? who does that happen to? Anyways, I would say take kickboxing. It's much more practical.
Join the Marines.
Wax On. Wax Off.
Quote:Huh??? who does that happen to?
Me, fortunately only once. Seriously, I couldn't believe it myself. Personally, if I ever take up something like that it will probably be something combat grappling orientated, since I think I would prefer grappling to striking as a chosen offensive/defensive measure.
Welcome to my world.
neoEIN, Well JJ is right that karate was born here in Okinawa. Kendo was born in main land Japan. I would suggest Karate over TKW because you get more time to practice and meet people. WHere in TKW do you have forms to learn and the classes are strict and long...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I have a private Naginata-Jitsu coach. Now THERE's a good martial art.
Ooh, how I just love polearm weapons.
And thats all I've got to say! ^.^
but how many times do you get to use your Naginata?
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36