It's time again. (Long post)
Finally, I have been entrusted with a new pay check, and, with a new pay check so must there also be a new series. I have determined that few people know as much about anime as you guys, therefore, I turn to you once again.

What should I get? ^_^ Here is a list I've put together, and all of this is stuff I have never seen before, so I'm pretty clueless. I like any genre as long as it demonstrates excellence in it's particular field. Anyway, here we go:

Basically $60-$90 allocated funds, so...

One of these:
Fushigi Yuugi R1 Rip (MI)
Kimagure Orange Road (MI)
Maison Ikkoku (MI)
One Piece 1 - 48 (MI)
Hikaru-No-Go Complete (MI)
Gundam Wing R1 Rip (MI)

Or two of these:
Samurai X Director's Cut (R1)
Read or Die (R1)
Battle Athletes Victory (MI)
Gasaraki (MI)
Armitage Collection (MI)
Grave of the Fireflies (R1) (seen this but want to own it)

Or kick back and wait for new R1 rips like Berserk, Excel Saga, GTO, Fruits Basket, etc etc etc.

Or abandon all integrity and get Cool Devices and Bible Black and shamelessly hide them under my bed. Lol

Or anything else you can think of, help me out guys =)

Here's my current colleciton by the way.

Saber Marionnette J/Again
Trigun
Escaflowne/Movie
Cowboy Bebop
Love Hina/Specials
Ayashi No Ceres
Outlaw Star
Angel Links
Excel Saga R1 1-3
RoLW TV and OVA
Hellsing
Lain
Sorcerer Hunters
Neon Genesis Evangelion/Movies
Plus random movies like Jin Roh, Ninja Scroll, Patlabor, etc.

Also, I want to keep away from One Piece and HnG if they are going to be released R1 in the forseeable future.

Thanks you guys =)
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5
I don't know if I would get the Samurai X Trust & Betrayal: Director's Cut. I have heard that the company that makes it has put a black bar at the top and bottom to set up a "fake widescreen". Also, I've heard there was only about a minute of scenes that were cut out from the previous release...

Trust & Betrayal was an awesome OVA though...*has the MI version*

EDIT: I assume that you mean Samurai X Trust & Betrayal: Director's Cut...or are you talking about Samurai X Reflection: Director's Cut?

I would go with the Gundam Wing R1 rip. I still have yet to get it, but I will own it soon! :mrgreen:
Actually, I was talking about Tsuikohen (I don't know the english equivalent titles =) )
o-('-')-o HuG
I say Read or Die and Gasaraki, ROD is a short but sweet OVA series. Lots of action and cool fighting scenes. Great characters (especially "The Paper") and fantastic music. Gasaraki is a very serious and political series. The pacing might turn off some people but I enjoyed it very much.

I've never seen Gundam Wing but it looks pretty good, plus it's an R1 rip so you can't really go wrong with the quality.

I would also suggest trying to d/l or get from someone the Hikaru no Go fansubs, its a great and extremely addicitve series but the HK sets aren't the greatest. The digisubs have the same video quality but way better subs, plus they're free
Quote:Originally posted by "Vance"

Actually, I was talking about Tsuikohen (I don't know the english equivalent titles =) )

Oh...you mean SeiSouHen... :o

That is Samurai X Reflection. I hear the directors cut of that will be pretty good. You might want to look into that...of course, I don't think it comes out until about another 2 or 3 months(the director's cut version)...something like that. Confusedweatdrop:
I've seen 90% of the things you're trying to choose from with the exception of one piece and Hikaru no Go. While some of the stuff like Read or Die or Grave of the Fireflies might be good, they're singles and are cheap to get, so I'd skip them for now. As for some of the other stuff, I wouldn't recommend Gasaraki unless you like boring political dramas and stuff. I'm watching Battle Athletes Victory right now, and think it's actually pretty funny.

But I think you're essentially trying to choose betwen KOR, FY, MI, and Gundam Wing. Between MI and KOR, I'd definitely say MI is the better of the 2. So the final choice is yours. If you want fantasy, go with FY. For Romance comedy (the one that started the entire genre and puts crap like Love Hina to shame), choose Maison Ikkoku. If you want mechs, choose Gundam Wing. Hope that helped.
If you're a samurai nut like me then go and get Reflections, its not as good as the two preceding OVAs but its kinda good
Wait, isn't Tsuikohen the first OVA and Seisouhen the second?
o-('-')-o HuG
I'd say go with Hikaru no Go and Read or Die. Both are excellent.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by "Vance"

Wait, isn't Tsuikohen the first OVA and Seisouhen the second?

I'm not sure what they're called in Japanese, but here, Trust and Betrayal are the first set of OVA's and Reflection is the last one.
I reccomend Read or Die (support FX, not MI), Fushigi Yuugi from MI.

Different note, buy yourself one or two of the R1's of Excel Saga. They come with some of the COOLEST pack-in's (posters, postcards, board games, Excel Sumo game, Excel Make-A-Face game, and more) which are excellant (I would've paid $20 just for that board game in the 5th DVD) . At your local hastings, they're only $20, or at www.deepdiscountdvd.com they are too (free shipping).

I seriously doubt the HK would have the tons of extras on the Excel DVD, and doubt even more that they would every TRY to make on of the pack-ins. Plus, if you've seen Excel, you'll know how fast the motion is. FX is bad enough with re-encoding, but with Excel it would be pixelation city. The R1's have PERFECT video.

The end!
Maison Ikkoku. 96 episodes with great subs. More bang for your buck. :wink:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by "dvd_master"

I reccomend Read or Die (support FX, not MI),

Or you could spend a bit more and get the official R1 release.
Well, actually I have the FX Read or Die, and the subs were so bad I only watched half of it, lol.

I think I'm going Maison after all that praise =) Shortly followed by Gundam Wing, probably sometime in the next two weeks.
o-('-')-o HuG
Get the MI 5 disc GW set. It's cheaper and has better subs then Bandai's dubtitles.
[Image: Cast7.txt]