My First Time in the Pit
I've been in some mean pits in my time, loads of punk rock shows etc. Although they all pale in comparrison to a Slayer pit...

I'd heard how they were supposed to be brutal, but nothing prepared me for what it was, it's essentially fighting to music!! People ask if they can punch you in the mouth!!! At least they've the courtesy to ask!!!!

I've been to festivals all over Europe, 'Eurockennes' 'Rock am Ring' 'Lowlands' 'Rockwave' But find that pit-wise at home in the UK is where it's at, we tend to do this push thing, that I've not experienced anywhere else on my travels, (although I've never been to the states) When we're waiting for a band to come on stage everything is fine but when the band comes out everyone in the place surges forward and 1 standing row becomes 3 compacted standing rows, naturally the compacted row pushes back and then people start to fall down! I've seen girls have their legs broken, people being pulled out of the front row because they were being crushed against the barriers! You try and pick people up but it's not alway possible!! This happens at any rock gig with a young crowd!!!

I'm getting older now (25) and I've got a son, so I think that's it for pits as far as I'm concerned, I'm seeing 'Motion City Soundtrack' at the end of the month and will more than likely get upfront for that but I think that'll be the last time I do! It's gonna be at the back with a beer from October on... I promise....

Krooner

Messages In This Thread
My First Time in the Pit - by Batz Kage - 09-03-2006, 08:27 PM
My First Time in the Pit - by Elcoholic - 09-04-2006, 01:16 AM
My First Time in the Pit - by Krooner - 09-04-2006, 03:09 AM
My First Time in the Pit - by Cidien - 09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
My First Time in the Pit - by onizuka17711 - 09-04-2006, 06:59 PM