Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News
Why I Hate Best Buy

Several years ago I was visiting family in Indianapolis. I visited a Best Buy store on the northside with my brother and sister, and purchased a 4 cd Roxy Music import box set. I had never seen it anywhere else, and the store had only a single copy. As we drove home, I greedily opend the set, only to discover the one of the cds was damaged to the point that it was unplayable.
We turned around and I presented my case to customer service. They offered me a replacement, or store credit, but refused to issue a refund. I explained that they did not have anymore copies of the set, and there was nothing else I wanted in the store. A store credit would do me absolutely no good, as I live in Hawaii. They were adamant, so I escalated the matter to the store manager. He also reiterated the hard line stance, saying it was company policy. I told him to hook me up to their corporate offices then, and I spent a fruitless half an hour on the phone. All of this time, my brother and sister were waiting in a hot car in the parking log. I told the young manager that this was a hell of a way to treat customers, and I would never spend another dime there, at which point he said that my swearing was offensive to him.
I finally gave up, and placed the set on the customer service counter, loudly saying, ?I?m placing this disc on the counter ? I?m returning it ? I?ll dispute this charge on my credit card?. The manager literally ran after me holding the cd set as I exiting the store, saying that it was illegal for me to leave the set there, and I had not really returned it.
Several months later, I successfully had the credit card charge reversed.

Messages In This Thread
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by Liete - 03-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by Liete - 03-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by zrdb - 03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by Liete - 03-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by Cidien - 03-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by j2raymond - 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by zrdb - 05-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News - by Cidien - 05-17-2007, 07:20 PM