Sony getting worse the Microsoft.
Quote: Thank you for your e-mail regarding www.Lik-Sang.com's recent closure, which has been received today.

I understand from your correspondence that you feel aggrieved regarding the closure of the website http://www.lik-sang.com. I can advise that Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE UK) have successfully sued Pacific Game Technology (Holding) Limited (one of whose company trading names is LikSang.com) for infringing our Intellectual property rights. The case was not contested by 'Lik Sang' who therefore incurred no legal costs. As a result of winning this case we were awarded substantial costs against Lik Sang which have not been paid. Therefore as there has been no extra financial burden on Lik Sang, we would deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing and can confirm that the legal entity is still trading.

I can also advise that the importing of any PlayStation product into the UK from an NTSC territory is against the law. These units do not carry a CE mark which means that they are not compliant with UK consumer law. In addition, any imported PlayStation product will not be covered under warranty within the UK. We enforce this not least to protect our consumers from some parallel importers who include components in their package that do not conform to EU safety standards and also from buying a unit that, for example, will not then play movies or games that are purchased in the UK.

Whilst we appreciate you taking the time to write to us to express your views regarding the importing of PlayStation product, we are not able to respond to any individual comments on this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Dan Kendall
PlayStation Consumer Care Team
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
Careline: 08705 99 88 77 (National Rate)
E.Mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.playstation.co.uk/

Guy on another forum wrote a mail about it to sony. Above is their reponse.

They do have a point. If they really haven't gotten any money from them then why did lik-sang stop? They could have gone on (or atleast tried) without sony products. And in the end, if they won in court there's really no debating it.

I remember with the psp delay in europe they said something about certain patents and trademarks that weren't in place over here yet and that caused part of the delay and that was one reason they didn't like importing. But I just don't see a clear reason. People who buy a psp or even ps3 from the other side of the world through the internet generally know what they're buying.

Anyway, i've pretty much had it with sony and their lies and delays. I'm getting a ps3 but all my multiplats will be bought for the 360 (unless the ps3 is insanely more powerfull).

Messages In This Thread
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by Schultz - 10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by gubi-gubi - 10-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by Zagatto - 10-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by wrxh8r - 10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by Schultz - 10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by Schultz - 10-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by wrxh8r - 10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by geo85 - 10-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by Blight - 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by gubi-gubi - 10-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Sony getting worse the Microsoft. - by Schultz - 10-27-2006, 08:43 PM