Marvel?s Civil War
Is there anyone else enjoying this soon to be masterpiece? I have never been that big a fan of comics. I have some of the characters and I have enjoyed a few in my day, but they never really made me feel anything. Civil War must be more than a comic then. IT IS AWESOME. End of story. I just picked up the 4th volume, and it just keeps getting better and better. I don?t know too much about events, but I know they are supposed to have a drastic effect on what every book/universe they focus on. This one, with out a doubt, has had changes that blow my mind. The Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and Captain America will not be the same for a long time. Spider-Man, will NEVER be the same. The Entire Marvel universe is imploding, and it feels real.

At it?s core, Civil War is a social commentary, that doesn?t take sides. It is about an accident happening when some loser heroes tried to take some bad guys that were out of their league and a school gets blown up because of it. The Government decides to pass a law the makes all super humans register or they will be arrested. It starts out only if they try to stop a crime, but eventually escalates to basically all people who have suppers powers being rounded up and arrested if they don?t register (because of secret Identities being leaked or just KNOWN by Iron-Man).

You take as much from as you put into it, and the right side in the conflict is the one you agree with. Both are well presented with equal merit and argument (Iron-Man looks like a tool though?).

Now for spoilers for those who aren't into it or caught up to the fourth book. And there is lots of foul things said, so avoid if you don?t want Iron Man?s side to blasted with obscenities (or just don?t want to see them period).

Spider-Man you are a fucktard. God damn you. Hope your new suit keeps you cool in hell you fucking bastard. Reed Richards, I would cram I pie chart up your ass if you wouldn?t just stretch around it. You are a cold, fascist SOB. And the Biggest Tool and suck ass of all. Iron-Man. Of course you signed up with the government, you have no powers you weak ass loser. From the moment I knew what Civil War was going to be about, I was against the government, pretty much like I am in real life. But these guys, they Cloned THOR and used him as a weapon. BASTARDS!!! Now the are letting loose criminals to fight the renegade heroes, cause their Police State freaks haven?t finished baking yet. I?m gonna say it now, if you are on the gov?s side in this book, you are a fascist in real life. There is no way you couldn?t be.

Ok Rant done. Discuss.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

Messages In This Thread
Marvel?s Civil War - by Blight - 09-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Marvel?s Civil War - by Cidien - 09-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Marvel?s Civil War - by Blight - 09-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Marvel?s Civil War - by Cidien - 09-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Marvel?s Civil War - by Blight - 09-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Marvel?s Civil War - by Cidien - 10-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Marvel?s Civil War - by evilomar - 10-03-2006, 11:41 AM