Photography
I'm headed down to the ALMS with my dad and my son.

I think the ALMS is the coolest of all the racing circuits because they have four different classes of cars on the course at the same time. This means that there is passing happening all the time as the fast cars rip around the course and they have to dodge the slower classes of cars.

The slow cars on the track are all Porches with the second slowest class of cars being made of Ferraris, Corvettes, Lamborginis, Panoz and Vipers with the two faster classes consisting of prototype cars with different minimum weights. This year, the fastest car on the track is making history as Audi has fielded a prototype with a diesel engine that seems to be unstoppable.

To make the racing even more exciting, the course at Mosport is known as the roller coaster in the racing world because of the hills and tight turns across most of the track. Back in the 60s this track was used for F1 racing. The price of admission allows the fans to camp around the track and before and after the race fans are allowed in the paddock to see the mechanics working on the cars and to meet the drivers.

Best of all, this racing event only costs $75 for the entire weekend as opposed to the $350 it costs to go see the F1 races in Montreal (of course Montreal is a better city but I don't feel that the race is more fun).

As for the photo class, the stuff I'm teaching applies to cheap digital cameras as well as higher end cameras that are available. Even if you're using an older 3mp digital point and shoot you should be able to enjoy things.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
Photography - by Zagatto - 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Photography - by Zagatto - 08-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Photography - by Elcoholic - 09-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Photography - by Zagatto - 09-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Photography - by Elcoholic - 09-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Photography - by Zagatto - 09-05-2006, 05:34 AM
Photography - by Elcoholic - 09-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Photography - by Elcoholic - 08-30-2006, 02:04 AM