Say Hello to Black Jack
I finished reading volume 1 of 'Say Hello to Black Jack' a couple of days ago and the first thing I thought was: "I hope I never end up in a Japanese hospital"!
'Say Hello to Black Jack' talks about the reality of medical care in Japan. It's extremely popular in Japan and because of it the Japanese Ministry of Health was forced to do some (much needed) changes to the Japanese health system.
In one single volume I found out that, although there's 1 doctor for every 500 people in Japan, the number of hospitals there is so high that on average a hospital only has 3 or 4 doctors. 90% of hospitals there have no doctors working at night, it's 1 or 2 interns that do all the work! How can that be?! Not to mention that doctors there care only about money and their careers. If an ambulance is carrying a car accident victim, hospitals will willingly take the victim in because they earn more money by treating a car accident victim than, let's say, a heart attack victim. If they think a person will die in 4 months they'll interrupt most of the treatment just to save up some money instead of doing all they can to save that person's life. The different medical departments don't get along properly which endangers the patients' lives. It's terrible I tell you. And then there's the intern's salary problem. An intern in Japan earns about $350 a month! They can't possibly live with that little money! But in a single night working as full fledged doctors (which they're not!) in a hospital they earn twice that amount!
How can a rich and developed country like Japan have such a louzy health system?!!!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Andromeda18_ - 09-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Ossie - 09-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by israfel - 09-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Puppet Master - 09-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Ossie - 09-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Gemini - 09-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Ossie - 09-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Say Hello to Black Jack - by Andromeda18_ - 09-18-2004, 08:24 AM