Poll: which is better
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
book
87.50%
7 87.50%
film
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Battle Royale: book vs. film (spoilers within)
grendelsage Wrote:I totally agree with you rarnom on the teacher character. They should have just left the original charcter the way it was, and the painting & umbrella/nuriko scene was odd as well.

I have not picked up the comic, but I have been thinking about it. I have heard that they go really overboard and add pyscho-sex-frenzy to the killings...enforcing the orgy of violence link that I did not see in the book.

Actually, I have been meaning to thank you for mentioning this book. I picked it up after reading your rant. I would not have known it was translated in English otherwise. thanks Big Grin
Hey, no prob. Smile
In regards to the manga, I have been pretty happy with it because it does stay very true to the book. One thing is that they do add quite a bit of created 'back-story' about a lot of the characters, kind of creating more relationships and showing more of where they are coming from. What is good is that the created 'back-story' is quite good and adds a lot to the story and it perfectly fits in with the characters. I enjoyed the first 7 volumes quite a bit, the 8th volume does take several liberties and that is really the only example so far of what I would call a 'psyco-sex-frenzy'. Just to give some very mild spoilers about it, it details the scene from the book where Mitsouko Souma kills those two guys (the baseball player and the nerdy otaku kid). I loved that scene in the book and just found it so amazing and viceral, but in the manga it gets really really bizzare and psycho, but you know, it doesn't ruin the manga at all. I am very interested to see how they wrap it all up in the manga. I am especially interested to see how they present the end of the book.

Messages In This Thread
Battle Royale: book vs. film (spoilers within) - by rarnom - 08-31-2004, 02:03 PM