Got this in an email, thought it was interesting.
Cidien Wrote:Ya i'm going to the silent hill movie tonight. =P

I still don't understand though. The universe is ever expanding? Ever expanding to where? What's there to expand to? You can't just make something of nothing.

Says who? We know very little about the universe. The fact we are expanding is true. There is nowhere to expand to in theory as space is infinite. There has been a recent discovery of dark matter which is basically non matter that is causing us to expand faster and faster. We also apparently have a dormant super black hole at the center of our galaxy that could start feeding again at any minute (although it would take ages and ages to affect us).

Back onto Jesus selecting Judas to betray him. It's actually mentioned in the Judas Gospel (a gospel the church condemed as heresy) that Jesus told him to betray him to set his spirit free. It seems to me Jesus needed to escape and staged his own death. This ment Judas had to be forced to betray him. The fact that Judas was evil is hardly even mentioned in any Bible texts. It was played upon to create anti-semetic tension between Christians and Jews. Portraying Judas as a money crazed Jew who sold out his Lord...

Messages In This Thread
Got this in an email, thought it was interesting. - by gubi-gubi - 04-23-2006, 02:14 PM