Got this in an email, thought it was interesting.
Batz Kage Wrote:Science is getting closer to proving that when you smash non-material atoms enough you can make matterial atoms (I believe that to be what the report meant).

I think I read that too that they have built a machine called Atlas I think that has the power to create an explosion inside of it similar to the big bang and the experiment would then prove the big bang theory that we all came from one bang of nothingness as matter can be created from such a powerful 'bang'.

Batz Kage Wrote:And I think the bible is non-sense. In the old testament God was spiteful, he ruled with an iron fist. Appearently people started to go against the grain & then someone decided to write how compassionate God is in the new testament.
Which is a flaw I have in discussing religion with most people. Many of them only know the new testament, while I know a bit more of the old testament.

As for the Old Testament God I truly believe that if the whole thing is true then the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are totally separate beings (a fact early Christian gnostic gospel writers even seemed to acknowledge). I read a review of a book I keep meaning to track down that claims to prove the Bible has not one but three different Gods in it that have been wrongly lumped together.

Lastly though I think it's all too easy to say we were made by a creator. Something I learnt in philosophy classes was that humans can only know what exists in their world. Like they can only apply the laws of their world to stuff they don't know. Meaning we see life on this world 'created' by parents for example so we presume we must have originally been created by a 'father' (which is why God is called God the father) as well...

Messages In This Thread
Got this in an email, thought it was interesting. - by gubi-gubi - 04-21-2006, 04:06 PM