Anne Freaks, up coming GTO prequel, and other stuff I read
I had Anne Freaks preordered about 3 months and it finally came in this week. By the description on the back cover, it is about a guy that is caught burying his mom by this girl. Instead of freaking out though, she gives him tips on how to not get caught. I'm gonna add that they left out the third main character and he is another person the girl (Anna) helps out after his family is all murdered. She wants their help in killing her father.

No much happens beyond that, but this first book feels like the first inning of a baseball game. You know, almost nothing happens in terms of action, but the whole direction of the game is setup from there. There is killing everywhere. Anna seems like a crazy bitch but there is obviously more to her and the other two characters that must be explored. Even while there is a lot of death, there isn't that much action, probably cause this isn't an action title, but more of a heavily character driven tale that will take some time to fully develop.

It does however get a little confusing around the introduction of the second guy. I think it is because you don’t really know wtf they are doing with this guy (no thanks to him not being mentioned on the back cover prolog) and you're not sure where this part of the story is coming from.

But it was an interesting read. I guess I was expecting more action from the preview I got, so I was a little disappointed, but I know that was because of what I was expecting it to be like. It was a lot more thoughtful than that. would suggest it to you if you like narratives that take a while to become fully realized, and characters that are NOT formed with a cookie cutter.

Other then Anne freaks, I really liked the last Vampire Hunter D book Demon Death Chase. It was a hell of a lot better than the second book. The fourth one, which comes out in August, has an awesome character in it if they continue to use him. He is a biker, and has a ridiculously long name that he demands you call him by.

I also got Bleach 11, and I am happy to say it didn't suck like 9 and 10 did. I'm waiting to get Bleach 12 and the first Claymore, the later of which I have waited on for a while.

Oh, and one after the next issue of Wolverine (it is the only comic I have every had more that one issue of and only recently) they will begin the Origins book. SPOLIER: Some interesting stuff has been discussed in the last four books of Wolverine. Apparently, even as far back as his Japan days people were trying to turn him into a beast weapon. Oh, and he had a pregnant wife that was Killed by Winter Soldier!!! That one freaked me the fuck out.

The biggest excitement of all for me however is that the GTO prequel Manga is being done by Tokyopop. Suffice to say I preordered it right away. I can't wait for Onizuka in his Biker Gang days^^.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

Messages In This Thread
Anne Freaks, up coming GTO prequel, and other stuff I read - by Blight - 03-22-2006, 08:09 AM