What do you guys and girls do and like besides anime??
elcoholic Wrote:Cause I can't find anything that I would like to do for the rest of my life without going back to school and pick up a whole other direction. I'd like to do something with sports, video games, movie industry, gardening, designing but its too late to go that direction. I can't do that since I have bills and I don't have the motivation to put in that much of my free time. I've been working for about 7 years now and I kinda came to the conclusion that no matter which job you have, as long as you are working for someone else you won't be happy doing the work for too long. I think after give or take 2 years any job will get borring unless you know exactly what you want and have studied to do that. I just studied what I was good at.

I'm too comfortable to make such a big change. I need my free time to be free. Once i get home I try not to think about work at all.

I'm kinda hoping to sometime in the future be part of a group that sets up its own company. That's something I could find satisfaction in but not making money for some rich boss for the rest of my life. I can't find infinite motivation for that.

BTW Andromeda, you in school or working? I imagine you don't read/watch/workout all day long?

Wouldn't that be nice? Big Grin I'm in school, hence why I said "only truly useful thing I've learned in college so far". I went on a kind of sabbatical leave last semester, but that was last semester. Wink I used to study geoenvironmental engineering but then I changed to computer engineering and had to start all over again.
Anyway, I understand your situation. If there's something I don't want to do is live in order to work, I want to work in order to live. I see so many people working 14h a day, becoming sick from too much stress, all to advance their careers. Personaly, I want nothing of the sort. I want to live life, like you I want my free time to be free, therefore a job will serve the function of paying my bills and allow me to live confortably. Other than that I want to be able to do the things I truly enjoy.
I just asked why you weren't doing something you enjoyed out of curiosity, I wasn't judging you or anything. Sorry if it sounded that way.

JunkieJoe Wrote:Since I been working for myself for a few years... I cant picture myself working for someone else.. doing a 9 to 5 ~_~... so I know where you coming from Elcoholic, but working for yourself has its disadvantages... you talk about you being in a sort of comfort zone, which happens when you have your own business... but much like you, who cant picture youself changing now... I cant picture myself doing anything but working for myself... (not meaning doing IA for the rest of my life but just cant fathom a 9-5... the thoughts scare me!)

I had been wondering about that. If you did anything else beside IA. I suppose IA is doing well enough then, for you to be able to survive on it alone. Well, that's nice to hear. Smile
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
What do you guys and girls do and like besides anime?? - by Andromeda18_ - 03-15-2006, 08:41 AM