Final Fantasy Advent Children leaked on the net *spoilers in thread*
Dirge of Cerberus exists, cause the creator of that series is sick of doing RPGs, he's been wanting to try something else for quite some time now. It seems to be an entirely different side story that has nothing to do with the main story of FF7. It mainly has something to do with Vincent, and what he's been up to after Advent Children (and FF7 of course)

As for Advent Children, i've watched it about 4 times now, and love it every single time. Who was watching this FOR a story is what i'd like to know? You know all square did was make this for the fanboys/girls who've been whining about there not being enough FF7 stuff going around. And it's all going to lead into a remake of FF7 (that square still denies, but we all know will happen)

I think so many people love FF7 cause it's one of the first 'epic' rpgs they ever played. When in reality, the game itself isn't that great. It's up to its ass in plotholes and missing scenes, and Cloud was a dick. It was great for its time, but compared to all the rpgs that have came out afterwards, it loses its quality. To this day, i can't even sit through FF7 anymore, beating it so much 'back in the day', i don't even want to look at it again. Everytime i start it, i get a few discs in, then never go back to playing it.

The other characters came into the movie just so you could see them, and make fans go "oooh, that's -insert name here- they look so cool!". They weren't meant to play any major role in the film. The only 'main' characters were Cloud, Tifa, those 2 kids, the turks, and the 3 retarded named badguys. That's why most of the focus was on all of them. The film existed just to show you bad-ass fight scenes, and a glimpse at what was going on with all the characters. When something is in movie form like this, they have to sacrifice alot of story, to add in badass fight scenes. Cause once again, why even bother making a CG film if all you're gonna do is having boring story/dialogue scenes?

Don't get me wrong in any way, i PLAY rpgs just for their stories, i don't care about gameplay in them (which is why i love the xenosaga games so much). So i'm not one of those 'anti story' type people. Umm... i've rambled enough.

As for the R1 release, it STILL isn't even guaranteed that November 28th is the official date for it. But i'm sure it'll be out then.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy Advent Children leaked on the net *spoilers in thread* - by desfunk - 10-17-2005, 10:36 AM