final fantasy advent children question ?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Is it such a big problem? Why are people so concerned about this? Sounds a bit racist to me, really. So they look Asian! Sometimes they look Asian, sometimes they look westerners, sometimes they look like monsters and aliens. I don't see what's so upsetting about that.

It isn't that I hate it cause they are Japanese or Asian looking, I don't like the overwhelming change to the characters with going in this direction. The Kingdom hearts version of Cloud doesn't look like that. But that version does look like the natural progression of how the character could look.

And I don't like being called a racist, don't do that. I was simply expressing my opinion about how the artistic style has changed, not saying it looked just awful because it is full of people that don't look like I do. I don’t like the new direction of the art, because it was not what it is was before, just like I don’t like all the name changes they have made to this and other FF games, for apparently no reason (i.e. Aris to Aerith why?)

And as for 12, I think you should try to keep games racially diverse. All of my stories are purposefully ranging in the real and fake ethnicities of the characters in them, just because it makes them deeper to have the backing of a whole people behind them. This is a problem with ALL video game creators NOT because people tend to purposefully make graphics and character models in their image, but because that is usually the first thing that pops in to their heads and they run with it.

So again my argument isn’t with them being a different race, I just would like to see the diversity that enjoy so much in their games…because I’m greedy and want everything. But on the same token, I rather enjoy knowing what part of the world my game is from; knowing that it’s culture heavily influenced its creation. I do wonder however, if in the marketing department, this will have an effect for the western (and specifically US) market, which is why I posed the 12 question in the first place. Not all people like to engage themselves in entertainment that is so culturally different, especially here in the US.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

Messages In This Thread
final fantasy advent children question ? - by Blight - 08-09-2005, 07:30 AM