r00ster; for or against - was texhnolyze
Amethyst Wrote:Ok, I was gonna stay out of this... but there are a few points that need to be brought up.

First, you can't get tracking or insurance on items sent out of the country, unless you really want to pay 4 times more than what it would cost to send it which is extremely expensive compared to local shipping.

2nd, the reason there is tracking numbers for JJ's stuff is he ships it from the US to the US, he mentioned it in one of his earlier posts that he was going to start doing that by coming across the border and shipping out stuff.

3rd and probably the most important one is the mail system won't do a search on any missing packages for at least 30 to 45 days from the sent date.... I know, I had a package I shipped to Canada and it was taking awhile, so I asked at the post office... they won't even file a complaint on it for that long.

4th there may be a way to check it thru customs number, it will at least say whether customs has received the package and when or if it has not... doesn't mean it was sent on from customs though, so it may still be held there. But at least you'd know that it had been received by customs... and it doesn't matter whether the package is or isn't insured or have a tracking number, it has to have a customs number which if Cidien has, he can call and ask about it himself, or check online. But it is entirely possible that Rooster, like most of us, threw away his receipt after mailing the package... but as to why he didn't just tell Cidien that is beyond me...

And last...I just did an Ebay deal with Rooster less than a couple of weeks ago, didn't have a problem with receiving it, or communications from him... I know this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.. but I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction soon.

Tracking costs about $7 actually. Not 4 times more.... and JJ doesn't always send it from U.S. to U.S. even when he was doing that. (not sure he even does anymore at all)

And i've been waiting for this package for more than 30-45 day...

And I could do an ebay deal with r00ster right now if I wanted to. If he didn't send it to me i'd simply report him and force a refund. Ebays rather safe for that kind of thing.

Messages In This Thread
r00ster; for or against - was texhnolyze - by Cidien - 06-25-2005, 12:34 PM