Pearl Harbor - The FDR question
I haven't read the article but I can guess whats it about. I doubt he knew what was going to happen because if he was planning going to war I don't think he would let the largest part of the naval fleet be destroyed since that might come in handy in war.

Also its a risk since it were the Japanese who attacked you but the Nazi's were German and they were the ones you went to attack (thank god for that though). So how does getting bombed by the Japanese motivate attacking the Germans?

And its not like soldiers need to be mad at someone before they will do what they were ordered, look at Iraq (low blow, couldn't resist Big Grin ).

I really can't imagine FDR or anyone thinking this way. If he did I wouldn't call him a traitor but a coward and an awfull leader. I think people wouldn't have wanted to fight to free europe simply because they didn't know what exactly was going on. Hell, we didn't even know what was going on till it was too late.

This is exactly like one of the conspiracy theories about 911. The one that claims Bush new 911 was going to happen but he let it happen to be able to go to war on the middle east. I'm no Bush fan but I can never imagine someone thinking that way.

As I've said, I haven't read the article but I will try to tonight. Sounds interesting.

Messages In This Thread
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Cidien - 05-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Elcoholic - 05-18-2005, 06:43 AM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Cyrus - 05-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Cidien - 05-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Elcoholic - 05-19-2005, 01:21 AM