Pearl Harbor - The FDR question
Was just watching Pearl Harbor and decided to do a google on it.

First, if you get easily offended in any way this probably isn't the thread for you. Please don't post any "not another political type thread blah blah blah. Just click the X and go away.

Second, if you're still here read http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/pearl/...pearl.html

Just curious what you all think. Here's what I think. (and have for quite some time)

I think FDR did in fact know an attack at pearl harbor was going to happen. personally, I think that point is pretty obvious. The main piece of evidence is the 8 point memo FDR followed to a t.

The thing that bothers me is that this site calls him a traitor. Even if he did know this was going to happen, i'm not sure I would have done any different in his position. The traitors (to me) were every single American that refused to come to the aid of each and every democratic nation in Europe that fell or was currently falling to Hitler. The traitors were the ones that wanted to pretend Hitler was Europes problem. We've since learned that if we hadn't entered the war when we did America may well have been speaking German right now.

Personally I think it's sad we had to lose over 3500 men at pearl harbor to piss off our country enough to confront tyrrany. Even sadder is most of that rage was that we were attacked rather than the will to do what is right.

Messages In This Thread
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Cidien - 05-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Elcoholic - 05-18-2005, 06:43 AM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Cyrus - 05-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Cidien - 05-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Pearl Harbor - The FDR question - by Elcoholic - 05-19-2005, 01:21 AM