Scryed review
Thanks for the review. I wondered about the show for a little while. I hope your comments about Dragonball were meant for the english show. If they were I completely agree. The USA version of Dragonball I don't even count it as the same thing. It is a bunch of hicks in the middle of a circle jerk that they just happened to record ( sorry if I offended anyone it is just my belief). I am by no means a rabid fan like those dubbies ( don't insult my inteligence by throwing me in with them). I own all of the dragonball manga, and have re-read it several times. I will admit the anime does tend to drag out some things, but I still love it. The word "kisama" is closer to "why you" literally, but in tone it is way closer to bastard or asshole. It is a mixing of the words "kimi" and "sama", and kimi is a more offensive word for "you". In english just saying "Why you" dosen't hold the same effect as the mighty KISAMA. So I would prefer subtitlers to use the word bastard or asshole. Sorry for ranting so much somtimes I just have to talk. Especially when it comes to Dragonball. A show that is near and dear to my heart. When you say it lacks intelligence it angers me, because then it seems you are insulting my intelliegence for likinig it. Anyway thanks for the review. I will definetly check the show out now. You should put it in the reviews section so others will read it. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36

Messages In This Thread
Scryed review - by bellreisa - 10-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Scryed review - by desfunk - 10-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Scryed review - by Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 10-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Scryed review - by Gendo007 - 12-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Scryed review - by kakoi_sugoi_yama - 12-11-2002, 05:23 AM