Complaining about HKDVD Subs? Or just want better subs...
There is a development going on for a program called DVDSynth, similar to AVISynth only it has the potential to be the holy grail for all HKDVD fans... the most important feature which would make it worth supporting is the ability to add additional subtitle streams to existing DVDs!!!!

We dont all have DVD Writers and I'm quite sure ppl wont want to be remastering their HK Anime DVD's just to get better subs (well I might consider doing so if I had a burner)... I haven't managed to get DVDSynth to work yet so maybe its support for WinXP is a bit buggy or I'm just doing something wrong, but yes after reading the documentation I'm convinced this should be something we should pursue... for those interested in reading...
http://www.roundelay.net/dvdsynth/prerelease.html

In any case, since this is an HKDVD community, I was thinking that if DVDSynth were to get big, it would need a lot of ppl helping with providing substreams for different HK releases. There are sites out there which provide fansub scripts to a lot of anime titles, we could just rely on these scripts and synchronise them to the appropriate DVD streams for the HK DVD's we have and then share them here...

For those of you who have read the contents of the link above, I'm sure you'll also have noticed that the author of DVDSynth is an anime fan as well as he has provided sample scripts to 3 R2 anime titles for use with the program.

Messages In This Thread
Complaining about HKDVD Subs? Or just want better subs... - by digitalAQUA - 09-22-2002, 04:19 PM