A death balance in anime??
Oh no, I'm not saying that I don't like those anime that I mentioned. I mean Hokuto No Ken and Rurouni Kenshin are some of my favourite anime, even though they are on opposite ends of the killing meter.

What I'm saying is that sometimes I think certain events get a bit twisted to fit into whatever these anime have chosen as their style,

eg: Have you ever watched the Turtles and just wanted to hit somebody because they all have weapons, but the only people they ever use them on are robots, which ends up with them just fighing a bunch of robots all the time, or pulling a sword on a person, and then just jump kicking them or something stupid like that

Or in Fist Of The North Star, Kenshiro is supposed to save some town or something, but half the time he just stands there while loads of people get randomly killed, seemingly for no good reason other than to waste time, show some gore, and get Kenshiro mad because he is a bit slow to realise that people are being savagesly killed around him

*SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!*

Or in Kenshin, I mean everybody saw that bit comming where Kenshin attacks chou with whats supposed to be a real sword, but fiddle-di-de it turns out to be ANOTHER reverse blade, sword, I mean what are the chances. I'm sure everyone sighed when that happened, or when Kenshin masters the Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki, and we think he's killed his master, but then, whoops nope he is alive for some half assed reason.

*/END SPOILER*

I mean, I enjoy these programs, but they could benefit alot more if certain characters that by all rights should die, do die, to help advance the story and make things more interesting, also to stop people from randomly dying just for the hell of it, only when it needs to be done, because mostly it does not advance the story much and ends up waisting some time that could be better spent with some character development or some good fights.

Hence the whole death balance thing
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan

Messages In This Thread
A death balance in anime?? - by Ryujin - 11-04-2004, 05:37 AM
A death balance in anime?? - by Elcoholic - 11-04-2004, 08:00 AM
A death balance in anime?? - by Ryujin - 11-08-2004, 08:24 AM
A death balance in anime?? - by Blight - 11-08-2004, 08:54 AM
A death balance in anime?? - by Schultz - 11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
A death balance in anime?? - by Ryujin - 11-09-2004, 03:13 AM
A death balance in anime?? - by ghostjacker13 - 11-09-2004, 05:07 PM
A death balance in anime?? - by Banishing_Blade - 11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
A death balance in anime?? - by Cidien - 11-14-2004, 03:11 PM
A death balance in anime?? - by Puppet Master - 11-14-2004, 03:18 PM
A death balance in anime?? - by guitarshredder - 11-14-2004, 05:21 PM