Poll: How do you feel about Zagatto's bans?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Zagatto is on a power trip.
11.54%
3 11.54%
This board needed an active moderator.
46.15%
12 46.15%
Are people getting bans?
19.23%
5 19.23%
More people need to be banned.
23.08%
6 23.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Zagatto out of control with the bans?
People are getting banned? Thats news to me...

Personally I'm not too big on bans, it depends on the situation obviously. But I mean for instance I don't see a problem with profanity, assuming its not just someone comming into a thread, singling out one or two people and spouting hundreds of curses at them. Other than that I don't see a problem in telling someone to fuck off if I think they are purposefully being a dick.

Then you have the second factor, people taking offence where none was intened. I mean lets say your having a debate, and one of the participants is a bit of a pansy, so what if you innocently dissagree with them but they somehow take offence to it and then try and twist the thread into something it was not by saying people are being offensive to them. Now having spouted this crap they then go crying to a MOD and then *BAM* a 3 day ban just because some pansy chose to be offended by nothing.

Granted I doubt the MODs are that easily manipulated, but there is always a risk. And if someone feels that they are wrongly banned, what kind of recourse can they take? can they debate it or explain it to MODs in some hidden thread somewhere? or by e-mail or something??

On the otherhand...meh I don't really care if people get banned, nothing to do with me really...even if I get banned for something...meh not the end of the world.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan

Messages In This Thread
Is Zagatto out of control with the bans? - by Ryujin - 10-30-2004, 04:27 PM