Asians are turning into westerners!!
I just read the following article and it is shocking!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/st...TVNewsAt11

I also read in another article that aside from having their legs lengthened the chinese have also been undergoing surgery in order to have western like eyes and speak english better. Apparently this is done not only for aesthetic reasons but also because more and more companies in China are now employing only people who have very white, non-yellow, skin, round eyes and who are at least 5'5'' tall!
Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?! They're turning into westerners! And while it's bad enough that it's being done for aesthetic reasons it is preposterous that people have to do it in order to get a job!
The surgery doctors perform on their tongues isn't really all that bad and it only requires local anesthesia. I think this one is rather acceptable because it doesn't change the way they are and allows them to speak english better which is good for professional reasons. However the leg lengthening surgery is horrible:

Quote:For Emma, this meant lengthening the bones in her thighs using a technique based on a procedure originally devised in the early 1950s. Before her surgeon would consider the operation, he made sure that Emma knew exactly what she was letting herself in for, and she was assessed by a psychologist to prepare her mentally. Some of her friends thought Emma would chicken out at the last minute, but she was very determined.

Under a general anaesthetic, her thigh bones were broken in two places, and pins inserted on either side of each break. A metal frame called a fixator was then fixed onto the pins. Each day, Emma wound the fixator to pull the pins apart and slowly widen the gap between her broken bones, by about 1mm per day. New bone then grew into the gap to mend the damage.

Once the pins and fixator are in place the procedure is surprisingly painless. Turning the pins does not hurt, even though they are gradually dragged through the skin and soft tissue lying over the bone. All that people like Emma feel is a slight vibration if they tap the pins.

It is essential that they keep the wound sites scrupulously clean as an infection can jeopardise the whole procedure and mean that the pins have to be removed.

Emma kept turning the pins in her legs for between four and five months, during which time she was bed-bound and unable to do anything for herself. She lived and slept in the living room of her parents' home. Once she had stretched her bones to the desired length there were more weeks of waiting while the bones finished healing before the fixators could be removed. There were also weeks of physiotherapy and exercises to get her legs back into working order. A fall cracked one of the delicate bones but, fortunately, no lasting damage was done. Emma is in no doubt that the months of immobility were worth it:

'The actual operation has changed my life completely. I'm so happy now, I can go out and enjoy myself without people saying, "She's short". I can walk down the street and not feel 11 any more. I feel 16 and I love my life now,' she says.

Emma went through all of this for medical reasons, the Chinese go through it for social and aesthetic ones. I mean, I would love being 5'11'' instead of 5'7'' but I'd never have such a horrible thing done to me. And then there's the eye surgery. Why? Why is it that they don't like their eyes?! They're beautiful, sexy and most of all they're the way asian eyes naturally are.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by Andromeda18_ - 10-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by tsunami - 10-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by rav96 - 10-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by rav96 - 10-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by Blight - 10-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by -spike- - 10-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by Blight - 10-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by Zagatto - 10-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Asians are turning into westerners!! - by rav96 - 10-29-2004, 04:17 PM