The Fall of Communism!
Twilight Wrote:At 78 it's a marvel he didn't break anything! As for becoming a Democracy... I suppose there is a chance but it all depends on who tries to take up the reigns after Castro dies.

Actually, if you read the articles he did break his knee and one arm in the fall.
It's always sad to watch people as they age and you can see how frail they become. I remember Castro from my youth and how strong and imposing he was.

I'm also feeling slow for not catching the pun of the headline until just a few minutes ago.

I do wish the best for the future of the people of Cuba. It would be nice to see it made safe for all the displaced Cubans to return to. I actually blame a lot of the hardships that Cuba currently faces on the US embargo that has been in place since before I was born.

Cuba is a hot tourist spot for Canadians and other people from around the world. That came as quite a shock to me when I moved up here from Michigan. I had the impression that the rest of the world shared the US stance against Cuba. What a surprise to find out that the US is just about the only place in the world with any sanctions against Cuba.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
The Fall of Communism! - by kakoi_sugoi_yama - 10-23-2004, 03:10 AM
The Fall of Communism! - by evilomar - 10-23-2004, 08:53 AM
The Fall of Communism! - by babyeater0 - 10-23-2004, 10:37 AM
The Fall of Communism! - by Twilight - 10-23-2004, 11:16 AM
The Fall of Communism! - by babyeater0 - 10-23-2004, 11:42 AM
The Fall of Communism! - by Mantis421 - 10-23-2004, 04:07 PM
The Fall of Communism! - by Zagatto - 10-23-2004, 05:08 PM