Saber Marionette J - Who loves all or most of it?
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Yeah, I definitely like to go for either "must-see" series, or the "nice to see" ones that I would want to to keep and rewatch.

It doesn't seem that Saber Marionette is strong on either of those fronts. A couple of people may have put it in the "nice to see" category, but not in the "would like to rewatch" category.

Meanwhile, rightstuf upped the ante by adding several new weekly specials, ones that I have never seen.

I am now considering dropping Saber Marionette and going instead with one or more of the following:

* Escaflowne TV DVD box set (same price as Saber Marionette)

* Escaflowne the Movie Ultimate Edition (3 DVDs; I love background on any series/movie by the Japanese directors/animators/VA etc.) I wouldn't plan to watch this until after the Escaflowne TV boxed set.

* Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (I haven't seen any of the Bubblegum series, but they say you can watch this one without having watched the previous one)

*Revolutionary Girl Utena (includes not only the series, but the movie in its Ultimate edition format, with all of the extras I find so appealing: interviews with the director, storyboards, behind-the-scenes, etc.)

~~~

Regardless of what I choose above, I plan to add

Chocolate Springs and other Hot Things (because I have the series, and it's on sale this week 1/2 price)

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (the OVA).

~~~

There is also the goodie of the limited edition Inuyasha boxed set with the necklace, also the same price as the Saber Marionette limited set. The only thing is, I think I have heard that originally there were problems ... ironically ... with the Japanese subtitles or audio. I wonder if they have fixed this. I was planning to watch this one in Japanese for a change. However, my budget won't allow me to get everything, and having already seen this on CN ..

It must be due to the holidays that all of these sets are coming out at once. Either that or they are just having a banner week.

Messages In This Thread
Saber Marionette J - Who loves all or most of it? - by skylark - 10-10-2004, 02:37 PM