Tenchi Muyo Perfect: FX missing subtitles? Chinese?
Several of the FX ones in the database on this site apparently have Chinese subtitles.

But wait a moment.

I did a search for Ranma, and I pulled up:

http://www.import-anime.com/index.php?pa...em_id=1196

Only one problem.

I have Ranma Part 1, and it only contains English subtitles, no Chinese ones. This is illustrated in a screenshot taken on page 1 of the screenshots in the information about this set. See Screenshot #2 on that page, posted by Migeru.

The same goes for Ranma Part 2; see Screenshot #3 posted by Migeru. No mention of Chinese subtitles, even though the data indicates the FX version contains Chinese subtitles.

The FAQ says it doesn't contain all movie versions, but it tries to, with the exception of the few that slip by.

I have Ranma Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4, all with English subs only, presumably FX. The site's database indicates Parts 1 and 2 both have Chinese subtitles, but the screenshots don't support it, as they only show English subs.

Do I have a legitimate FX version of Part 1 and Part 2 of Ranma that simply isn't listed in the database? No one appears to have filed an error regarding the subtitles for either Parts 1 or 2, despite there being screenshots that do not support the Chinese subtitling.

I bring this up because I was pointed to the database to answer my question about Tenchi. However, now I am wondering about how complete the database is. Can anyone enlighten me?

If there truly is an FX version out there of Tenchi that simply isn't listed on this site, I don't want to accuse someone of selling me an illegitimate copy of Tenchi's 9-disc boxed set if, in fact, it is legitimate.

Messages In This Thread
Tenchi Muyo Perfect: FX missing subtitles? Chinese? - by skylark - 10-08-2004, 01:23 AM