Tenchi Muyo Perfect: FX missing subtitles? Chinese?
skylark Wrote:A friend of mine who is knowledgeable about anime had said, "The fact that there is a dub on it means it's a direct domestic rip, obviously FX has taken up adding Chinese subs to domestic dvds to increase its market." He also said, "The only issue is where they try to create their own English translations... why would they even bother if they can be ripped from the domestic discs that already have them along with the dubbing and original Japanese dubbing?"

If anyone knows of any FX DVDs out there (of *any* anime) with Chinese subs on them, I'd love to hear about it. If this is something FX has started doing, I need to know. This would help me avoid any anime that claims to be FX but isn't.

By JJ, do you mean this site? I just stumbled across it, so that is why I ask. I did set up an account here ... the store looks great!

Thanks. :-)

Eh.......your friend can't be that knowledgeable if he had said the above. Generally, FX only rips from R1 sources. R1 sources do not have any Chinese subs at all. Maybe once in awhile, FX does not rip an anime from R1 dvds but not as often as ripping from R1s. I don't think FX does its own translations. I could be wrong though.

JJ's the owner of this site.

Messages In This Thread
Tenchi Muyo Perfect: FX missing subtitles? Chinese? - by Japschin - 10-07-2004, 08:26 PM