Poll: How was your first anime translated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
My first time was Dubbed
89.13%
41 89.13%
My first time was Subbed
8.70%
4 8.70%
My first time wasn't translated
0%
0 0%
Who can remember that far into the past?
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The first anime you remember watching.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I'm sorry Zagatto. I know you hate sub vs. dub debates and I really didn't want to contribute to it in your thread. But you know there was no way I was gonna let a comment like that slide. Sad

Vicious, I don't hate debates. Unfortunately, that's not what is happening here. A debate is when someone makes a statement and backs it up with facts or points of reason and that in return is countered with a similar statement with conflicting facts or points of reason.

What we've had here is the equivalent of kids in a school yard pointing fingers at each other yelling "IS TOO!" "IS NOT!" "IS TOO!" "IS NOT!" "I'M TELLING ON YOU!" and so on and so forth.

As for calling someone a fudge packer as a form of insult, I find that offensive. I happen to know a fair number of "fudge packers" and they tend to be very eloquent and experienced in the art of debate.

I see four ways for this current flame war to end.
1) Everybody just walks away and stops posting. This doesn't solve anything but it does end the debate.
2) Robojack cedes the point that his initial comment was offensive and appologizes for making a sweeping and insulting statement.
3) Some convincing argument be put forth that the original statement was not offensive nor was it intended to be offensive and the rest of us are big enough to accept a reasonable argument.
4) One of the forum moderators shuts this thread down. I like this solution the least because it's like being treated like school kids pointing fingers at each other...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
The first anime you remember watching. - by Zagatto - 07-11-2004, 11:42 AM