Poll: How was your first anime translated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
My first time was Dubbed
89.13%
41 89.13%
My first time was Subbed
8.70%
4 8.70%
My first time wasn't translated
0%
0 0%
Who can remember that far into the past?
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The first anime you remember watching.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
Oh, so I'm an idiot for speaking my mind? Excuse me if I touched a raw nerve, you people are poor sports. I say a couple things, and you blow at me. You guys are such easy targets - I had no idea at the time of posting that it would explode into something like this.

Just because I say that subs are chocolate and dubs are shit doesn't mean you have to agree. Nod when you read it and move on. You guys must have gotten these comments a lot, since you seem overly sensitive regarding this issue. Talk about an inferiority complex, if I knew you'd all react this poorly, I would never said what I said.

Robojack, the problem isn't that you believe these things. It's the way you put it. By saying dubs are shit as a blanket statement, you are also making the statement that anyone who enjoys dubs are people who enjoy shit. Using a blanket statement like you have paints everybody with the same brush.

If you had just said "I believe dubs are shit and subs are chocolate" it would have been a little different because you wouldn't have been making an absolute statement like "dubs are shite and subs are chocolate". Language can be a subtle thing and the ommision or inclusion of one or two words can seriously change the impact of a statement made.

You say that you reread your posts before posting and that you stand behind the words you've used. That tells me that you intended to offend people in this forum and that you stand behind your offense. In my book, anyone who enjoys offending large numbers of people with statements such as yours is an idiot. Thus I call you an idiot. Not only do you say something phrased in a manner to attract flames but you go so far as to back up your words.

If somebody tells me that I'm a shit eater, I'm going to take offense to it and defend myself in whatever manner is appropriate. I'll particularly defend myself if such a statement is made in a public forum such as this.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
The first anime you remember watching. - by Zagatto - 07-11-2004, 08:29 AM