Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs
Quote:Originally posted by gubi-gubi
As for saying people thought the dub of Bebop was better than the original I bet the people who praise it are dub lovers... Even if the Jap dub was bad it still is the original dub to the show.. You dont see people taking bad bits from movies and adding there own bits to it to improve it as the movie is its own thing good or bad...

No. It wasn't just 'dub-lovers'. Do any of you guys ever think - "maybe it's possible the dubs aren't so bad, maybe I'm just biased. Let me do some research. Oh look, alot of the Japanese Dirctors are praising some of these dub jobs and even saying they might be better than the originals. Hmm. perhaps they weren't so bad and I'm just totally biased here."

I'm gonna ask you dub bashers some questions. Can any of you even understand what's being said in Japanese? They could probably mix some Cantonese or Swahili in there and none of you would know the difference. So what makes you so adamant in praising the Japanese version? They could be saying 'damn tree hugging hippies. screw you guys I'm going home', but as long as the subs read 'angels that fall from heaven become devils', you guys are all happy. You have absolutely no idea what's truly being said unless you are in fluent in Japanese.

The reason you hate the Love Hina dub is because whatsherface had an annoying ass accent. Guess what? I'm sure they gave her an accent because in Japanese she had an annoying ass accent. But because none of you can tell the difference in the Japanese version, you don't notice it and thus praise it.

If someone here is fluent in Japanese and English and wants to compare the two, be my guest. But the rest of you, don't sit here and insult my intelligence by telling me that you understand Japanese because you picked up a total of 15 words from watching all this subbed anime so you can easily tell what's being said and if they're doing a good job or that you know they're not making mistakes. That's like me saying I took a science class in high school, so I KNOW that those rocket scientists must be doing an excellent job. 'Look at me - E=MCsquared. I learned that in school, so now I'm qualified to discuss nuclear physics and critique people on their theories regarding it'.

Messages In This Thread
Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs - by Vicious - 07-09-2004, 08:51 AM