Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs
I keep wondering why idiots like abctoy4me and other peeps would even dare bring Hks to a con in the first place. They could get totally caught by the original peeps that made produced them. I mean my friend christine went to Jafax 9 and they restricted the selling of HKS. I mean selling them on the internet is ok and everything but bringing them to a huge con is a dumbass idea. I mean if they had hks at a con and u bought them I don't think you would want to wave them around like a flag around the whole con. lol BesidesI think everyone here should only buy the unlicensed hks (anime that hasn't been licensed in the us) I think this because it wouldn't cause chaos in the us. I mean buying tv rips isn't a bad thing. It is just a way to preview a show b4 it comes to the us. Also buying hk r2 rips isn't bad either. I mean the r2 anime dvds are so EXPENSIVE. I bought r2 spirited away for 60 bucks and ex-driver the movie limited edition for almost 95 dollars. Their prices are ridiculous.

Adding to the sub vs. dub debate thingie: First of all, there are some very decent dubs out there for example: Fruits Basket, Ai Yori Aoshi, Trigun (btw is a very very very dub IMO), .hack, cowboy bebop, and especially the GHIBLI movies( i think they are always good). I think the main reason that people buy r1 ripped is because they want the good subtitled versions of the anime. For example I bought GateKeepers+21 fx because of the subtitles. I used to own the MI subtitled one which sucked ass. But I think people who buy r1 ripped hks are either: broke, don't want to spend big bucks on r1s, or just don't want to support r1s at all because of the prices. I personally buy hks (subtitled ones) of it so i can preview the show before i buy r1. After i watch the hks i end up putting it on my trade list or end up selling it. SUPPORT THE R1s PEOPLE! You won't be sorry! I think that Geneon didn't continue the volumes of Card Captor Sakura english dubbed dvds because they weren't selling very well. Big Grin
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~

Messages In This Thread
Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs - by Ryoku Slayer - 07-08-2004, 07:30 PM