Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien
Actually yes I do think this will more than offset their costs. I think they will sell a ton more anime. I guarantee you if companies start selling cheaper copies like HK for a little more I will never buy another HK again unless it's something I know they wont even release in America. (At least for a long time) I think many/most HK buyers would do the same thing. This applies to dub buyers anyways. Or people who aren't patient enough to wait for an R1 release. I don't know anything about poor subtitle quality people speak of on R1's as all of them i've seen are just fine. /shrug

This is how they make their living. It is their job. You don't think they've crunched the numbers so they can maximize profit? You think they just randomly choose to price stuff?

I'm telling you, lowering the cost would not increase their profits. It would definitely increase the number of units sold, but not enough to help them maximize their profits.

I don't have proof, because we don't have access to all the numbers. But if you look at it logically and objectively, these people are not idiots. In the end, it is still a business. And the point of a successful business is to maximize profits. I'm sure if lowering the price would increase their profits, they would have done so already.

Messages In This Thread
Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs - by Vicious - 07-08-2004, 06:01 PM