Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs
Not to start anything but I buy the Perfect HKs because of the great subs. In my opinion, american dubbing mainly blows. A good example of this is Love Hina. OMG it HURTS when I hear the english voices! When I buy R1 dvds, I instantly put the language to japenese with the english subs on. I totally understand the dubs for the kids shows on TVs so they can understand but if you are a true otaku like many people, which sounds better? I'm sorry but its Jap dub w/ english subs. Japanese always voice act with the hearts, making animes better. Look at Geneon's release of Card Captor Sakura, like mentioned earlier. What language is that on? Jap dubs only w/ eng subs.

I am only voicing my opinion. I too have been noticing ADV starting to do the same thing as HKs and release their animes in sets, but those are the somewhat older ones. And where do you find BGC 2040 for $90.00. I'm sorry but whoever buys that set at that price gets ripped-off Rolleyes . Where I live, that set goes for about $50-$60. Same with the Nadesico set that ADV released. The Burn-up eXcess and Kurumi sets go for less than $40. The only problem about the newer collection ADV releases is that they release after the whole series is already put on dvd? Kinda weird logic there. People just wasted their money buying seperate dvds for the series to find out later that the set comes out for way cheaper. The sets that R1 companies release that are about $90+ are the sets with seperate dvds with their cases in one big box of like 6-8, even 10 discs. The R1 collection of Gundam wing almost runs about $150+. If you're a true fan of that series with a lot of money, that's fine, but, in my opinion, most people would want to get something just as good for cheaper.

I totally understand that companies want to make money because they spend so much licensing and doing all the good stuff to the animes. But like I said, if you want to save money for a bootleg that is almost as good, wouldn't you? Some people aren't as rich as others. Sad

Messages In This Thread
Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs - by xtremegummibear - 07-08-2004, 12:49 PM