Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
But like someone else mentioned earlier . . . anime is already a niche market. It is just recently becoming somewhat mainstream. But if it was sub only, it would have been even more of a niche market. And it never would have gained the popularity that it has. Anime is getting popular because it is dubbed, so it is on TV. Kids get to see it on Fox or CN or whatever, get into anime, and then want to buy more. The dubs contribute a great deal to the sales of anime DVD's. More hardcore people might not want the dubs, but the larger percentage of people that buy the DVD's, do want them.

that's very true, i've noticed that after cartoon network started playing anime on tv, it started to attract new fans and so they played more and more and now i've seen a lot of people become fans of anime that would't have watched the shows if they were sub. people are lazy and if the companies want to make money they have to attract as many people as they can. personally i think it's nice to have dubs, when i'm really tired it's nice to give my eyes a little rest and just admire the drawing, not have to worry about reading anything.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo

Messages In This Thread
Bandai's Taking Action Against Imports/Bootlegs - by Homeless Joe - 07-08-2004, 10:35 AM