ADVision asked to have titles that they have licenses for to be taken off the site, s
Quote:Originally posted by SilverMuraki
The way I look at it is when you buy R1, your paying for anime to come to the US. When companies pull in revenue, it allows them to pay there VA's, make merchandise, get rights to the manga, and it allows they to set aside funds to buy rights to new anime. I think it's somewhat selfish to want to "reap" the benifits of hearing the dubb and getting the R1 rip, when you never intend to support the companies and VA's who work there ass off to get you that anime. I'm not saying you have to buy every anime R1, but you should occasionaly pitch into buying R1's to support your fave animes.
I totally aggree. This is why exactly why I've started replacing my HK's with R1's. So I can defiently say that I am glad ADV did what they did because it is their right.

Actually, since I took up an interest in getting R1's, my favorite place to browse through anime has been http://www.advfilms.com... I could watch those trailers all day (but, I obviously don't)... I love the Azumanga Daioh trailers, I want to get the volume 1 + box set and start collecting the R1's as their released.

For those HK-er's who are disappointed... I feel sorry for you, but it was bound to happen eventually.

Messages In This Thread
ADVision asked to have titles that they have licenses for to be taken off the site, s - by SirChico - 06-09-2004, 06:22 PM